• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever been out of your depth on a contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever been out of your depth on a contract?

Either because you don't have teh skills, or the client expects the impossible from you in no time at all!??!!?

It's called winging it or - Lot's of bedtime reading.

If you are in this situation then you either lied way to much on your CV or at the interview.

If on the other hand the boss is expecting too much too soon tell him/her.
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

I got a permie job writing perl after reading learning perl in 24 hours one weekend.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
        I got a permie job writing perl after reading learning perl in 24 hours one weekend.
        Well, you know what they say: monkey see, monkey do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
          Slow learner?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I've got a juicy NASA contract after getting Wernher von Braun reference whilst he was working in Penemunde: this was the first and only job when I felt a bit out of my depth, but I grabbed victory against all odds and became real contractor heavyweight type.

threaded.

Comment

Alexei, your "threaded" posts never cease to make me wet myself with laughter.

Comment

Just trying my best in absense of fiddleabout! Or maybe he is around, just under different nickname

Comment

What, like "AtW" perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    I've got a juicy NASA contract after getting Wernher von Braun reference whilst he was working in Penemunde: this was the first and only job when I felt a bit out of my depth, but I grabbed victory against all odds and became real contractor heavyweight type.

threaded.
                    threaded ???

what's all that about?

Comment

Working...
                    X