• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anti immigration now the new political currency?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anti immigration now the new political currency?

US election 2016: Trump wins in Mississippi, Michigan and Hawaii
    US election 2016: Trump wins in Mississippi, Michigan and Hawaii - BBC News

A central plank of Mr Trump's campaign is to deport 11m undocumented migrants and build a wall on the southern border, paid for by Mexico.
    We have similar initiatives here in Europe with Turkey building a wall along it's border with Syria, and sending large boats to Macedonia for similar reasons.

Is the time and tide changing, in favour of raucous "non PC" language, and nationalism?

Will this boost Farage's popularity ratings

Discuss.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Countries are failing but people are scared to speak out because of the leftie media.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Syrians speak out. When they are asked are you running from Assad or ISIS they say both.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And I thought being anti immigration made one a racist bigot?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Syrians speak out. When they are asked are you running from Assad or ISIS they say both.
          They are asked the wrong question then. It should be US led Coalition or Putin led thugs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            And I thought being anti immigration made one a racist bigot?

It does in politically correct terms, but has political correctness now been redefined to make this new anti immigration narrative now acceptable. The voters seem to think so.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              It does in politically correct terms, but has political correctness now been redefined to make this new anti immigration narrative now acceptable. The voters seem to think so.
              It is not really a question of anti or pro immigration is it (unless you are a simpleton of course)? It is a question of selective immigration. Now that Turkey has done a deal (I prefer to call it extortion - but who can blame them) with the EU we can look forward to 80 million Turks coming to Britain "for a better life" . As opposed to 20 million Syrians 30 million Iraqis and 30 million Afghans.

In other words it is about who, where from and how many

If I were a Scot I would open my doors to the Afghans World Twenty20 2016: Scotland fall short against Afghanistan - BBC Sport
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                It is not really a question of anti or pro immigration is it (unless you are a simpleton of course)? It is a question of selective immigration. Now that Turkey has done a deal (I prefer to call it extortion - but who can blame them) with the EU we can look forward to 80 million Turks coming to Britain "for a better life" . As opposed to 20 million Syrians 30 million Iraqis and 30 million Afghans.

In other words it is about who, where from and how many

If I were a Scot I would open my doors to the Afghans World Twenty20 2016: Scotland fall short against Afghanistan - BBC Sport
                There is nothing in this post that is worth commenting on. Literally complete and utter drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  There is nothing in this post that is worth commenting on. Literally complete and utter drivel.
                  I like to think the bit about Afghans going to Scotland was rather a clever idea
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

We have the second highest external debt in the world, working out at over $46k per capita. Only the USA outdoes us. Part of the reason for this is the succession of short-termists in charge of both industry and government.

A new manager comes in and wants to make the bottom line look good. Quickest route is to cut costs; bin people off, offshore jobs. Two years down the line, costs are cut, profits are up and he gets his bonus and moves on to the next victim, erm, company. What he's left behind is a company with far less internal knowledge, morale through the flaw and an inability to understand the local market. Been there, seen it happen a few times. The upshot is that the company ends up rehiring locally and has lost a lot of knowledge and lags behind where it should have been. Doesn't matter though, because the main man at the time trousered his bonus so all's good.

Same principle applies to politicians; Gidiot raiding pensions by taxing now, leaving them to be taxed later too by someone else, but he doesn't care. Take that further and they've sold our soul to the highest bidder; our infrastructure should be nationalised; everything from road and rail network to power provision (electric/gas/oil/other renewables) to comms. We need to get to a situation where we have a reliable infrastructure, including personal and commercial transport links, getting HGVs off the roads wherever possible. The focus shouldn't be on short term and how much it costs; the focus should be on the future of our children and their children so we don't have the "blame the boomers" situation. Ours should be the generation that was acknowledged as the one that dug deep, stood up to the short-termers and do what's right for the country's future, not it's current elite.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X