• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Big Gigs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Gigs

Prodigy @ Phoenix Festival, Long Marston, Staffordshire July 18 1996.

A date etched firmly in the annals of rock folklore and I was there

I'll never forget it. A soon as we got within a mile or so of the site, it was like gridlock. We're all sweating our nuts off in the 90 degree heat and then all of a sudden we hear Flinty's dulcet tones drifting over the hedgetops.

Then, as one, we all thought fack this -we're 'avin' some of that & everyone just dumped their cars where they were and headed off across the fields.

It was like Woodstock - motors was scattered like jackstraws all over the place. I can only hope there were no fires or anything that day 'cos there's no way the emergency services would have got through.

Fortunately, the only fire I was aware of that day was the one on the main stage "I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter".

F'kin yeah....

What was yours - IOW '70? Live Aid? Spike Island? Cut Double at Woody's Garden Centre?

17 months at a large defense firm in Leeds, home every night so no expense great rate and a complete cluster**** so was making money hand over fist (think in the end I billed more to the Client then they did to the customer )
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge tour 1992 Wembley Stadium.

Few mates said who wants to go I said yes because their all so old they probably won't tour again, Oh! how I laugh now.

They truly are the greatest rock and roll band and Keith Richards must have lived every line on his face, they had runways going out over the crowd at each end of the stage and Jagger was running from one end to the other all night, he must be ultra fit.

On the way home we called in at south mimms service station and all you could hear was people singing Stones songs

Comment

"The Big Gigs"

Is that what Rhodri's wife called him?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
          Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge tour 1992 Wembley Stadium.

Few mates said who wants to go I said yes because their all so old they probably won't tour again, Oh! how I laugh now.

They truly are the greatest rock and roll band and Keith Richards must have lived every line on his face, they had runways going out over the crowd at each end of the stage and Jagger was running from one end to the other all night, he must be ultra fit.

On the way home we called in at south mimms service station and all you could hear was people singing Stones songs
          Same band , same venue but 10 years earlier.

There was a tube strike at the time & we missed the last train back to Bath. We got one as far as Swindon & tried hitching the rest of the way but got stuck at Leigh Delamare services. Out of money, out of fags bummed a rolly off some old hippy that was laced with red leb; a new experience for me at the time What a weekend....

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
            Same band , same venue but 10 years earlier.

There was a tube strike at the time & we missed the last train back to Bath. We got one as far as Swindon & tried hitching the rest of the way but got stuck at Leigh Delamare services. Out of money, out of fags bummed a rolly off some old hippy that was laced with red leb; a new experience for me at the time What a weekend....
            You bummed a fag at Leigh Delamare?

Comment

The big pigs?

ex-mrs-bp-1
              ex-mrs-bp-2
              ex-mrs-bp-3

Comment

Oasis at Boardwalk 1993. Absolute wall of energy. Two great albums then they discovered Charlie.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Oasis at Boardwalk 1993. Absolute wall of energy. Two great albums then they discovered Charlie.
                  I think listening to most of the songs on Def Maybe they were very well acquainted with him by then.

qh

Edit: Knebworth 1996 (on the sunday) nice to see them at their peak, all downhill from then on.
                  Last edited by quackhandle; 10 March 2016, 12:09. Reason: forgot a bit
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    I think listening to most of the songs on Def Maybe they were very well acquainted with him by then.

qh

Edit: Knebworth 1996 (on the sunday) nice to see them at their peak, all downhill from then on.
                    Heaton Park 2009 was an excellent gig. Kasabian supporting were great too.

Comment

Working...
                    X