• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another sop to the muslims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another sop to the muslims

Police to avoid Ramadan arrests

The holy month of Ramadan is due to end next week
    Police in Manchester have been told not to arrest Muslims wanted on warrants at prayer times during Ramadan.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed it had asked detectives not to make planned arrests during those periods for reasons of religious sensitivity
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Why would anyone want to arrest a peace loving muslim anyway? What possible crime could they have committed, that did not have a special dispensation from their religion? And don't give me any of this 'muslims aren't above the law' nonsense

The only crime I can think of is someones daughter bleeding in public without a veil on, having refused to marry a peasant from a distant country and quite naturally having been beaten by her own father. Of course, she should be arrested....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Reasons to convert to Islam, #237: You can commit crimes during Ramadan, and the police won't arrest you until Ramadan has ended, giving you plenty of time to get rid of the evidence.

Result.

Sorry Chico, your religion is going to have to start providing benefits like these, or you're not going to win over new converts. These Muslims have got the marketing game cracked.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Especially when you add in all those virgins waiting for you... playing a harp for eternity doesn't really compare.

Perhaps if christians didn't have to obey the law on sundays, that would be a good populist move.
        Last edited by mcquiggd; 21 October 2006, 17:55.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

What if they are virgin men? Doubt the Koran makes it clear.

Comment

Actually does it even specify what species they are...?
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I suppose after first 1000 years there you would not care...

Comment

You speak for yourself, Alexei!

Imagine waking up to find 72 veiled female versions of Zheitghost....
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I will be in hell (according to Chico);

This is how Zeitghost will look like there: http://www.thevisitors.info/images/a...hoto-diana.jpg

This reminds me how SUCKS it is not to have inlined images.

Comment

Do you mean the one displayed as you can't link directly to their images?
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X