• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geocaching

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geocaching

Do adults do this?

If i understand its just like treasure hunt, a game kids would play in week four of the six week holidays when really bored, but I've seen and heard grown ups discussing this as a thing to do at weekends.

I'll occasionally have a look when walking the dog.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/group...eocachers.html
    Last edited by Pondlife; 10 March 2016, 16:38.

Comment

And mudskipper unleashes her fury in 3…2…1…

Comment

I prefer to go dogging. More likely to find something interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I prefer to go dogging. More likely to find catch something interesting.
          FTFY
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
            Do adults do this?

If i understand its just like treasure hunt, a game kids would play in week four of the six week holidays when really bored, but I've seen and heard grown ups discussing this as a thing to do at weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              just why?

Comment

just why?
                Cos it's fun. And it gives you a reason to go and export places you might not otherwise.

CUK Grub Club did a trip to the Netherlands last year, a few of us spent a half day wandering around Leiden, Geocaching, and saw loads of stuff we would never have found otherwise.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

just why?
                  It gives a point to a walk or cycle. There's some crappy caches out there, but there are some excellent ones too. Clever hides, clever puzzles, night caches. And you visit places you wouldn't otherwise visit - often with an interesting story to them.

Comment

.... like this one. Simple, but clever.

Comment

Working...
                    X