• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed (possibly)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed (possibly)

Rather ... chances of getting an extension beyond March are low. The usual no-budgets-for-next-year-yet nonsense.

Got offered a role in another project for the same client in Germany, but after my trip to DUS yesterday, I changed my mind. Life is too short to work in a tasteless, humourless, colourless and boring pile of a feck country Germany.

Had a good run for 6 months, so contemplating a motorbike trip around Europe this summer, now that my back has improved

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...fbe18_full.jpg

Comment

Too bad, I did the same as you after I finished a project (in Turin though), just riding down to Sorrento (before going back to Spain on the boat).

The motorbike (or in my case suzuki burgman) was terrible on the back I couldn't stay for longer than 2 hours on before doing some back exercises.

I'd also warn you about Italian youth on the motorways who like to "play" with vehicles with foreign plates (i.e. overtake and pull in as close as possible), with the Italians I found, it's all about not losing face.

But I'd love to do it all again.

Comment

Is it because you are a fat and lazy contractor?

Comment

I thought you were going to spend the summer as Dallas's sex slave?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Is it because you are a fat and lazy contractor?

Comment

Working...
            X