• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House of cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House of cards

Help to buy is riddled with loopholes that the privileged can easily exploit | Housing Network | The Guardian

Tory MP Peter Bone and his wife Jennie used the government’s help-to-buy scheme to buy a new constituency home, purchasing the £175,000 home in her name, with a £35,000 equity loan from the government.

Nice....

well the lack of income cap was a glaring hole in the policy that was clearly recognised when it was launched.

The answer of course is to tax the loan as a benefit - kerching!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm sure that he'll mention in the House how Mrs Bone is fully supportive of the Chancellor's decision, as is his schtick.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        The answer of course is to tax the loan as a benefit - kerching!
        I don't really approve of retrospection. But can it be made retrospective for MPs?

Comment

Working...
        X