• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson for President...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Johnson for President...

Just thought id revive some classic Boris.... original article here

"This case wasn't even about religion, or conscience, or the dictates of faith. At least it wasn't primarily about those things. It was about power. It was about who really runs the schools in this country, and about how far militant Islam could go in bullying the poor, cowed, gelatinous and mentally spongiform apparatus of the British state. "

<snip>

"And since the school refused to knuckle under, the extremist Islamic organisation Hizb-ut-Tahrir backed a case for breach of her human rights, and soon Shabina had a starring role in the great Rocky Horror Show of British self-flagellation, featuring Cherie Blair, Matrix Chambers, assorted terrified judges and a chorus of cretinous articles by retired feminists, famous for living colourful lives in the 1970s, in which they declared that the jilbab was really rather lovely and "empowering", and that they wished they had worn one themselves.

Of course I don't really blame the Prime Minister's wife for the rubbish she spouted on Shabina's behalf. We all understand the cab rank principle for barristers. We know the size of her mortgage, and, if her firm had not trousered the £50,000 in legal aid, then someone else would have picked it up. But I do blame the Court of Appeal for its invertebrate performance, and to judge by the tremendous ruling yesterday from Lord Bingham and other Law Lords, I am not alone."
    Vieze Oude Man

When Boris is leader of the conservative party, I'll vote for them. Until then I'll be staying in the pub when the polls are open
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
      When Boris is leader of the conservative party, I'll vote for them. Until then I'll be staying in the pub when the polls are open
      No vote is a vote for Labour
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
        Many people died to give you the ability to vote. Don't let them die in vain.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
          I think you'll find that was the war....
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
            I think you'll find that was the war....
            I think you'll find that was the reason for it...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I think you'll find that was the reason for it...
              Nope. Retake your history GCSE hyperD. Can't see why going to war would have helped the suffragete movement....assuming your mean World War 1?
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

They died to give me a choice to vote or not.

Anyway, I honestly don't see any value in voting for any of the parties and I certainly don't want to vote for the one that's the "least tulip"
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Sick of this tulipe

I think BJ (Unfortunate initials Boris, sorry), is right in his assumption that this was a sideshow to test the powers of "Islamic" bloc in this country and was as much about appropriate teaching attire as banning fox hunting was about cruelty to animals.

His withering attack on the state was fantastic

"poor, cowed, gelatinous and mentally spongiform apparatus of the British state. " ....
                  Excellent.

I know I am really sick of the government flapping all over itself to appease what amounts to an extremist minority.

The state has failed in its aim of creating a multicultural identity, as the two concepts are polar oppisites and what I think is needed is a common set of values and indentity that all here can aspire to and if they dont like them they can **** off!!

So there
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                    The state has failed in its aim of creating a multicultural identity, as the two concepts are polar oppisites and what I think is needed is a common set of values and indentity that all here can aspire to and if they dont like them they can **** off!!

So there
                    Do you think the "common set of values and indentity" will be based on 2000 years of history or something where the last 50 years takes precedence?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X