• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another reason to support your local farm shop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reason to support your local farm shop

No so free range...

I no longer buy supermarket meat any more either as that is of doubtful provenance - even if it is labeled outdoor reared. There are just too many mouths to feed & it seems it just can't be done humanely.

I'd be a vegetarian. If it weren't for vegetarians

Some people are just happy to have food to eat.

Only the 'rich' get the choice

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Some people are just happy to have food to eat.

Only the 'rich' get the choice
      True.

But when you do get the choice, it would be nice to think that what you are getting is what it says on the packet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
        But when you do get the choice, it would be nice to think that what you are getting is what it says on the packet.
        Sometimes, you get exactly what it says on the packet....

Comment

True.

Sometimes you just need a little bit of mystery in your life to keep things interesting.

Comment

True.

Agreed. So the Golden Arches would not say a Big Mac contains beef. It contains ground cow's anuses.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Agreed. So the Golden Arches would not say a Big Mac contains beef. Coincidentally, it is served by ground cow's anuses.
              FTFY
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I always buy milk from my local farm

Comment

True.

But when you do get the choice, it would be nice to think that what you are getting is what it says on the packet[/B].
                  Wife used to work at a local Vegetable facility, picking the crop and packaging up to send out to the shops.

When they ran out of organic they just put normally stuff in.

Comment

I can remember one time when I was a boy when we'd all piled into the car and gone for a day out in the country.

We'd pulled up in this little village somewhere in a layby right by a farm where there was all these barns and outbuildings and stuff.

So, just as I was getting out the car the door to one of these barns slides open and there's this huge cacophony so I look over at what's making the noise.

What I saw then has stayed with me for the rest of my life. Those poor hens in cages with all their feathers missing; horrible it was and I knew instinctively even at the age of 5 that this was plain wrong.

Fortunately there's no shortage of folks who have signs at the end of their gardens saying "fresh eggs for sale" and long may it continue. I'm sure I heard something somewhere that they were trying to ban this though at one time. Wouldn't surprise me....

Comment

Working...
                    X