• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working with people drives me to distraction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with people drives me to distraction

Sometimes it just grinds me down. Things I have I dealt with in the last week.

Q: "Hey can you tell me if this is on the roadmap?"
    A: "Why yes, yes it is. In fact it's extremely important. You've been told it multiple times over the last three months. In the online training we did in December, in the face to face training we did in January and last week in the training where we gave you the handout with the top ten things you are expected to know."

Different thing -

Q: "Why isn't this working? I need to show this to a client. This is unacceptable"
    A: "Weird, definitely working. Just tried it. Here's a video of what I did."
    No response.
    Two weeks later...
    Q: "Why isn't this working? This could cost me a big deal. This needs to work"
    A: "It's working, can you show me what you are doing?"
    No response
    Two weeks later
    Q: (Three people now in copy)"You need to get this working now. This is critical"
    A: "It's working for me. How are you doing it?"
    (Response from another person)."No it's not. Look at this screenshot."
    A: "Ok, you are pressing the wrong button. That button does something else. If you press the right button it will work"
    Response : "Oh ok, must have been my permissions, working now.."

I could go on... humans are crazy

I hope you don't have anything sharp nearby

Comment

so long as they sign the timesheet its all good.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X