• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here comes the first apology ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes the first apology ...

Top Gear Cenotaph stunt: Chris Evans apologises on Radio 2 - BBC News

What a blithering bunch of chunts

What is the minimum distance from the Cenotaph where you can do donuts?

Surely there are more important things to get upset about.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Much ado about nothing, cars drive past the Cenotaph 365 days a year, even on remembrance Sunday the road is only closed for a short period not the whole day.

Viral marketing at its best and the Sun fell for it
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Much ado about nothing, cars drive past the Cenotaph 365 days a year, even on remembrance Sunday the road is only closed for a short period not the whole day.

Viral marketing at its best and the Sun fell for it
        Eggsfeckingactly.... Just amanufactured brouhaha purely dreamed up to promote sales of down-market "news"paper. It's just a fecking lump of concrete, no bodies there resting in peace for crying out loud!!!!!!

And Chris Evans is just a part time apologist for all his PR cock-ups!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          What is the minimum distance from the Cenotaph where you can do donuts?

Surely there are more important things to get upset about.
          MF sat on the Cenotaph eating a bag of donghnuts once. Is that outrage worthy?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Were they cream filled donuts?

Comment

What was he wearing? If dressed as Britannia totally acceptable, Adolf a big no-no.

Comment

no its a lie, the Cenotaph is still standing
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Vetran beat me to it.....

Comment

Publicity stunt. Audacious and superbly orchestrated

Immediately reported and re-reported on all BBC outlets, who even report on each other's reporting of it. Ensuring Top Gear gets headlines in several papers, 2 months before launch. Radio 4 this morning: "Chris Evans has apologised on Radio 2 for...".

The fact that George Osborne tweeted he was disturbed by skidding noises does crack my theory somewhat. Either way, you can bet that Osborne's tweet will be headlne news on all BBC early evening bulletins.

" Wow! Top Gear is out soon! And it's all edgy and semi-offensive, and not politically correct at all ! I can't wait, can you ? "

ok maybe I have gone too far.

Comment

Working...
                    X