• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project update

9 days from code complete. Still no test environment. Still waiting on data cleansing / mapping work with the business. Coders all working flat out with no end in sight and further analysis to be done amounting to more work. More and more bad data being discovered daily which needs more and more workarounds.

At no point has a trial migration into the target systems been done, nor can it be done soon as we're still waiting on test environments.

The source systems have a hard turn off date which we are well on course to miss.

And my Saab is broken down.

That is all.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Sounds like a typical IT project

SAAB ?!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      9 days from code complete. Still no test environment. Still waiting on data cleansing / mapping work with the business. Coders all working flat out with no end in sight and further analysis to be done amounting to more work. More and more bad data being discovered daily which needs more and more workarounds.

At no point has a trial migration into the target systems been done, nor can it be done soon as we're still waiting on test environments.

The source systems have a hard turn off date which we are well on course to miss.

And my Saab is broken down.

That is all.
      So what you gonna do about it
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I've paid the parking for the week so I have a week to think about it. Maybe get a diagnostic module off ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          It's Suity

Toys -> Airborne -> Out of pram.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Sounds like a typical IT project

SAAB ?!
            Thing is I don't really know what the next steps are on a failing project. Most of my projects have been successes with the occasional blip ending up with me working long hours trying to bail it out and then ending up with two pencils up my nose with a pair of underpants on my head.

Comment

I've paid the parking for the week so I have a week to think about it. Maybe get a diagnostic module off ebay?
              Something Almost Always Broken. I'm on my third

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                It's Suity

Toys -> Airborne -> Out of pram.
                Me and MF would make an awesome team

Comment

It broke whilst in a Bolton car park? Have you checked the wheels are still on it?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    It broke whilst in a Bolton car park? Have you checked the wheels are still on it?
                    Worse. It broke in a Luton carpark

On the plus side Spurs won.

Comment

Working...
                    X