• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed which lawn mower

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed which lawn mower

Afternoon All,

after years of patiently waiting, ready to strike at the right moment, patience and preparation have paid off, and finally, the two building plots next to Chateau Benes are for sale, and I'm acquiring them for a reasonable price.

Buying the two building plots next to Chateau Benes achieves a few things, amongst others, it means that from that side, we'll never have neighbours on that side (existing neighbours are great, but the worry has always been what if a bigger dipstick buys the plots next to us), in terms of long term investments, it's hard to beat building plots, and finally, we'll get a bigger garden, about an acre bigger.

All good.

Next step is, the Benes mower is not for cutting an extra acre of garden (which it will be for the first few years until I install the Solar Panel Farm - ssh don't tell the neighbours about that), so I've got to look for something else.

A tractor mower would be fun and the safest most sensible option, and also the most expensive, the children could also cut the grass with a tractor and have fun, but the prices are not fun. My grandfather had an Allen Sythe http://www.oldlawnmowers.co.uk/ol-allen_scythe.jpg for his orchards and I am thinking about getting a modern second hand equivalent like SOLO 530 SICKLE Bar Mower - Rotary Mowers Find Rough Cutting Mowers Buy UK which I can get second hand for about 300quid which is about a tenth of the price of the cheapest tractor.

What do the experts think ?

Milan.

Milan.

go big or go home

Comment

get a minion to do it!

The best robotic lawnmowers - Telegraph

then you can play with the children not have the the children play with the lawn mower.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Garden service.

Comment

thanks Baz, maybe one day

Vetran, you seen how much those things cost ? I bet they struggle to last as long as a Dyson

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            go big or go home

IWOOT!!!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Get the kids to bloody do it!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                thanks Baz, maybe one day

Vetran, you seen how much those things cost ? I bet they struggle to last as long as a Dyson

Milan.
                they are dropping in price rapidly. At about £500 -> £1000 + 2 sets of batteries for 5 years life you are looking at £1000 so £200 a year or £4-> £8 a week. So 10 minutes work a week.

My Bosch was £90 and my Suffolk £300.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

seems I am not the only one with such problems...

Power Scythe Advice - GardenBanter.co.uk

disc vs drum mower - Yesterday's Tractors

CUK 2016 summer holiday destinations ?

Milan.

Comment

Just picked up a reconditioned Hayter Harrier for £175 off eBay. 16 inch cut & has a roller so I get stripes. I do like stripes.....

Comment

Working...
                    X