• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2016 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepare for DOOOOOM!!!

Source: Budget 2016 checklist: what to look out for

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Prepare for DOOOOOM!!!

Source: Budget 2016 checklist: what to look out for
      Smell my finger.

Comment

Don't worry about it

Whats the worse that can happen? he plunges 90% of the contractor industry into a point where we are no longer economically viable and there will be a mass surge in company administrations HMRC and companies house will drown in paper work and Gideons little pot of VAT, Corporation and Personal tax will all take a massive hit...

Comment

Hmmm, my corp tax is due end of the month ...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Whats the worse that can happen?
            A tax on Gladiator films.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              Hmmm, my corp tax is due end of the month ...
              Be a shame if you had to make the call that your company was no longer solvent and executed an immediate company liquidation....

Now multiply your decision by several (hundred) thousand contractors...

HMRC would quite literally have to swim in tulip for years trying to get through the paperwork.

Comment

http://www.contractorweekly.com/contractor-news/tax-a-ir35-news/1312-ir35-clampdown-in-public-sector?utm_source=Contractor+Weekly+Limited+List&u tm_campaign=068f997c0b-Contractor_Weekly_Issue_114_25_09_2013&utm_medium= email&utm_term=0_b17da52d19-068f997c0b-293107449
                Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 16 March 2016, 09:52.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

As I have previously said: Gideon tells the department to decide if they wanted to class the contractors as permanent or freelance, they take one look at him and say FREELANCE like we have been trying to tell you for 3 FSCKING YEARS...

or like some of a few more dim-witted departments did for Danny, say "Permanent please! " and watch the doors fall off their hinges as the entire department empties of resources...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    As I have previously said: Gideon tells the department to decide if they wanted to class the contractors as permanent or freelance, they take one look at him and say FREELANCE like we have been trying to tell you for 3 FSCKING YEARS...

or like some of a few more dim-witted departments did for Danny, say "Permanent please! " and watch the doors fall off their hinges as the entire department empties of resources...
                    To be replaced by Bobs, where the project fails and any tax is paid in India, the govt get feck all.

How long have we got left to put up with Gidiot and Camoron?

Comment

Working...
                    X