• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Lets fight Terror, Fear and APNs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Lets fight Terror, Fear and APNs

Please post in General.
    Last edited by BattleCry; 16 March 2016, 17:56. Reason: Whim

Originally posted by BattleCry View Post
    So please get posting with your ideas on how we can fight the good fight again.
    Stop posting nonsense on internet forums. There are very few who can cut the mustard in the real world. "Big group" and NTRT are showing the way forward. But until someone steps up in the real world nothing will change.

I was briefly number 3 in f4j in a galaxy far far away. I wish I had not bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Stop posting nonsense on internet forums......
      He obviously got a ticket for the drivel express this morning
      Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
      http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Shall I? Yes, I think I shall!

Moved to General, he can fight them on the beaches there...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BattleCry View Post
          Many of you will have had Grandparents who stood up and fought in wars for the freedoms we are now supposed to enjoy. They Risked both Life and limb while developing a resilience and humor we much admire and which has helped to shape the character of our nation.

But Terror and Tyranny still exist in the world in many forms. Many on here can testify that it can be found on our doormats, the enemy is much closer to home than many outside of these groups might acknowledge.

Yes I do accept this may seem an extreme comparison as I am not aware yet of anyone who has lost there life. However the psychological stress and desperation caused, the damage to families, the careless destruction of people's hopes and aspirations. Some of us must have felt our lives becoming much like a living hell.

This is an enemy that has little regard for the harm it causes to Individuals and families. APNs are an affront to our Human Rights and the Rule of Law long established in this country. Innocent until Proven guilty in a court of our Peers. The campaign of sending constant propaganda and threatening letters demanding huge sums of money is also wrong.

So please let's not allow them to take the Moral High ground and dictate what is right and what is wrong. Many cases that HMRC are relentlessly perusing have yet to be proven in law with a fair trial.

For those working for and with HMRC I was simply following orders is not an excuse either. And it is time to come up with new strategies to defend our freedoms and repel this Tyrant.

Let's imagine what our enemy looks like:

The head - A group of faceless/soulless bureaucrats. They cannot be reasoned with and they are hell bent on continuing a campaign that up to now has met little opposition.

The Heart – Political backers who are in favor of the approach taken by HMRC or are happy to turn a blind eye as they see little political capital in protecting those who are affected or cannot see beyond the budgetary deficit – Politicians hold surgeries or can be contacted though e-mail or letters by their constituents. We need to demonstrate that there is political capital in taking up our cause and that a forward looking reform of tax laws will be a better approach to shoring up the public finances in future.

The foot-soldier - Administers following orders from the head. Subjected to company programming and Justification. Largely insulated/unaware of the unfair damage caused by their actions. They also have a vested interest to remain employed. Some in this category may very well be good people who have a conscience, if they can be made more aware of the effects they are having on some people lives then we should not underestimate the difference this could make.

The Support teams – HMRC use many consultancies to enable there war machine and minimise there dependence on the foot-soldier. Many of these companies can also be found operating in the same sectors that Finance and IT Contractors work and this may represent another area of weakness. HMRC does not hesitate to name and shame people. Many of us will be contractors and many will now be Employees working in IT and Finance. Some will have influence so I would suggest we compile on these forums our own black list of consultancies used by HMRC. These companies rely heavily on sentiment and their name to win new business from us? But some are allied to our enemy. They should not be considered Neutral.

The Victim - Contractors forced to pay by APN or terrorized into Paying.

For many this fight is just beginning and it could be a long campaign, the outcome is not inevitable or hopeless this is why I speak English and not German. We should look to fight/resist on all fronts where we are able.

In the face of Fear and Terror we should never give up hope. We just need to understand our enemy better. Like the organizations many of us have worked for it will be a beast of many parts made up of People, Processes, Governance and Politics

Our Fear, Terror, and Hopelessness offer little resistance. With a bit of hope and a lot more imaginative we can make a difference. So please get posting with your ideas on how we can fight the good fight again.

Please feel free to name consultancies on this Thread so that this information is available in the group consciousness.
          FFS, before you go posting that sort of tripe, have a read of the actual stuff that's going on here regarding APN's and HRMC.

NoToRetroTax and BigGroup are both taking the fight to HMRC around APN's tax avoidance schemes and BN66. If you want to do something about it sign up to one or the other or both.

In the meantime, stop being a hysterical WankPuffin (I really do like that phrase) and actually do a bit of research.
          Last edited by DaveB; 16 March 2016, 14:32.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Stop posting nonsense on internet forums. There are very few who can cut the mustard in the real world. "Big group" and NTRT are showing the way forward. But until someone steps up in the real world nothing will change.

I was briefly number 3 in f4j in a galaxy far far away. I wish I had not bothered.
            When it comes to spotting loons I defer to you BP.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              FFS, before you go posting that sort of tripe, have a read of the actual stuff that's going on here regarding APN's and HRMC.

NoToRetroTax and BigGroup are both taking the fight to HMRC around APN's tax avoidance schemes and BN66. If you want to do something about it sign up to one or the other or both.

In the meantime, stop being a hysterical WankPuffin (I really do like that phrase) and actually do a bit of research.
              WankPuffin now sits alongside CockWallet in my favourite insults list.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                WankPuffin now sits alongside CockWallet in my favourite insults list.
                CockWallet? Sounds more like a good Plan B to me that.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  When it comes to spotting loons I defer to you BP.
                  I can recommend my shrink to the OP....

Comment

First tell us how much you earned and then tell us how much you got in your bank as loans and then we can decide if that APN you got was justified.

Paying 5% fees to some dodgy scheme and then pocketing 95% of your 150K income is tax evasion and so needs to be punished.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X