• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top of the Pops!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top of the Pops!

Britain's number 1 sugary fizzy drink revealed: Sugar tax: What is the UK's most sugary drink? - BBC News.

Sadly you'd need to drink two cans to reach your recommended daily maximum intake of sugar.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Britain's number 1 sugary fizzy drink revealed: Sugar tax: What is the UK's most sugary drink? - BBC News.

Sadly you'd need to drink two cans to reach your recommended daily maximum intake of sugar.
    Eh?

From your linky
    The recommended maximum daily sugar intake for someone over the age of 11 is 30g a day, or 7.5 teaspoons.
    There are 13 teaspoons of sugar in a standard 330ml can of Extra Fiery, or 39 in a litre.

Comment

Oops, not had enough sugar today.
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

queue the Coca cola flavoured milk drink

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          I reckon Fanta and Sprite with "Real fruity bits" will be available almost immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

From the article

Action on Sugar reported last month that 98% of the 131 hot flavoured drinks found in the large High Street chains would carry a "red" warning for excessive levels of sugar. Starbucks' Hot Mulled Fruit - containing grape with chai, orange and cinnamon - contained 99g, or 25 teaspoons, of it.
              Justifies my decision to boycott Starbucks and suchlike, not that I like the overpriced foamy muck those kinds of places call coffee anyway.

Give me a mug of proper instant coffee any day, with _one_ teaspoon of sugar instead of 25!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Goddamn.

I like that.
                WZS

About the only fizzy drink i would bother with.

Comment

Cue.

I'm surprised San Pellegrino isn't higher up. That always tastes like pure concentrated evil.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

I see they've put the tax on Tonic water.

I guess it has to be a blanket thing but your average g&t drinker surely isn't the demographic they're trying to target?

Thanks a bunch, Jamie fecking Oliver, you fat tongued mockney c**t!

Comment

Working...
                    X