• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lazy feckless permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazy feckless permies

Can someone explain to me why in some places permies just schlep about doing the bare minimum, shrugging while they do it, not giving a toss, turning up late to meetings or not at all, not delivering on time and getting away with it.

I'm sure I wasn't this lazy back in my permies days. This project I am on is running so late, and yet there is no plan, they took the Kanban board down as someone complained it was ugly, and every standup is the same, nothing moves, people are blocked by the same stuff, and then we shuffle off and the permies chat while the contractors knuckle down and do their level best.

I imagine there's a ton of people out of work that would be glad of a job. Why and how do permies get away with thinking they ere entitled to their job and they are doing the company s favour by popping and and drinking the coffee?

Rant over, for now.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why in some places permies just schlep about doing the bare minimum, shrugging while they do it, not giving a toss, turning up late to meetings or not at all, not delivering on time and getting away with it.

I'm sure I wasn't this lazy back in my permies days. This project I am on is running so late, and yet there is no plan, they took the Kanban board down as someone complained it was ugly, and every standup is the same, nothing moves, people are blocked by the same stuff, and then we shuffle off and the permies chat while the contractors knuckle down and do their level best.

I imagine there's a ton of people out of work that would be glad of a job. Why and how do permies get away with thinking they ere entitled to their job and they are doing the company s favour by popping and and drinking the coffee?

Rant over, for now.
    probably because of no pay rise for 15 years to be fair my experience of contractors was not much better always filling in the time sheet and invoice like clockwork boasting about being paid twice as much and paying less tax.

i worked with a guy earning £1500 quid a week had bittorrent running on his laptop all day at work and did mini cabbing at the weekend and even rented rooms out in his house . The guy was just money obsessed , last i heard he had a stroke and a breakdown.

was it all worth it ??
    Last edited by unemployed; 17 March 2016, 18:40.

Comment

Rant over, for now.
      ... And discuss/complaining about the high salaries of contractors/consultants.
      I can live with that. It's an opportunity for you to take the permies work and teach them how to work.

I experienced a ridiculous experience that the consultants should not “exhibit” their BMWs.

Comment

If they have an issue with their salary / lack of raises, do something about it! Just loafing around and sulking doesn't achieve anything.

Comment

If they have an issue with their salary / lack of raises, do something about it! Just loafing around and sulking doesn't achieve anything.
          That's why some of them have low salaries, they are lazy.
          You can't do anything, just go to the roof and scream.

Comment

employment is poorly paid in the UK regardless of skills taxed to death also, and having to deal with agents contracting is enough to put most off apart from the money lovers ,

running your own proper business is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
              probably because of no pay rise for 15 years to be fair my experience of contractors was not much better always filling in the time sheet and invoice like clockwork boasting about being paid twice as much and paying less tax.

i worked with a guy earning £1500 quid a week had bittorrent running on his laptop all day at work and did mini cabbing at the weekend and even rented rooms out in his house . The guy was just money obsessed , last i heard he had a stroke and a breakdown.

was it all worth it ??
              is there a better / preferred way to fill them in?
              How would you feel if you were paid late.

Comment

is there a better / preferred way to fill them in?
                How would you feel if you were paid late.
                i have no issue when they are filled in, it just gets very boring listening to the same carp every friday afternoon .

It did him no good in the end

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                  i have no issue when they are filled in, it just gets very boring listening to the same carp every friday afternoon .

It did him no good in the end
                  So just the 1 contractor then and we're all s

Comment

So just the 1 contractor then and we're all s

not all but the 4 i dealt with were in the particular company i was with.

The guy in question was particularly bad though , he had been on one of those positive thinking courses and carried around a folder of pictures of expensive houses and cars believing he would get there in the end if he changed his mindset

sad guy really

Comment

Working...
                    X