• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

someone who did worse than our Divorcees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone who did worse than our Divorcees

Divorcee wins 90 per cent of husband's wealth in bitter court battle - Telegraph

Divorcee wins 90 per cent of husband's wealth in bitter court battle
    Company boss, Peter Morris, has nothing but his 'anger' to show for 25 years of marriage after a series of rulings
    blimey. Guess what she was before?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Divorce judges have handed Mrs Morris, 52, almost half a million pounds while her husband has been left with nothing, despite him being the only breadwinner in their family for nearly two decades.
    Anyone thinking of getting married, seriously needs to read that over and over again...

Comment

And look at this idiot

Property magnate killed himself when he realised 25-year marriage was over - Telegraph

Comment

Hmmm, as the article pans out the story becomes quite different to what the shock title would suggest.......
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Hmmm, as the article pans out the story becomes quite different to what the shock title would suggest.......
          oh I think he asked for some of it but there does seem to be a view that after divorce the lifestyle should be the same for one party regardless of kids or any lack of effort during the marriage.

She has been out of the job market for 20 years as a recruitment agent, as Dodgy will tell you that is something you can easily run from home and round kids especially if you have a stable income behind you.

My wife earns a fair amount and we have a 2 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            She has been out of the job market for 20 years as a recruitment agent, as Dodgy will tell you that is something you can easily run from home and round kids especially if you have a stable income behind you.

My wife earns a fair amount and we have a 2 year old.
            A surprising number men don't want their wife to work (or even don't "allow" their wife to work)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              A surprising number men don't want their wife to work (or even don't "allow" their wife to work)
              Was that the case here? There seems no suggestion that is so.The problem with equality is you have to take equal responsibility.

If they didn't want her to work while married isn't it great that they have divorced & she can do what she wants......

Mrs V could not work, but she wants to contribute and as a team we will get to our goals sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Was that the case here? There seems no suggestion that is so.
                No idea, but we're unlikely to get the full picture from the story in the Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  No idea, but we're unlikely to get the full picture from the story in the Mail.
                  pity I used the Telegraph then......

Comment

I don't see why the wife should have her settlement reduced because he acted like a selfish dick.

Once you get past the first few paragraphs and start to discover the facts, it sounds like the bloke set out to spend his share of the family's assets as they stood at the time of the split on himself. He probably thought he was being clever; I daresay he assumed that the court would split the assets as they stood at the time of divorce, rather than at the time of separation, so by spending half before the divorce he'd end up with three-quarters. Now he's found the court can see through that game.

If his lawyers failed to warn him that behaving like a spoilt brat would backfire, then he should sue them. But I bet they did, and he's the kind of arrogant tosser who thinks he's cleverer than both the system and the people he paid to advise him how the system works. That type are ten-a-penny, and usually end up worth about as much. Serves him right

Comment

Working...
                    X