• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beware the March of IDS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware the March of IDS

Iain Duncan Smith quits over planned disability benefit changes - BBC News

I'm glad he's gone, because he's an evil little tulip. But it's unfortunate that he's been allowed to step down, leaving room for a comeback to do some more damage to society.

Also, he should really take the rest of those worthless bastards with him, from Hamface down.

But still, worth a

Is it true?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Iain Duncan Smith quits over planned disability benefit changes - BBC News

I'm glad he's gone, because he's an evil little tulip. But it's unfortunate that he's been allowed to step down, leaving room for a comeback to do some more damage to society.

Also, he should really take the rest of those worthless bastards with him, from Hamface down.

But still, worth a
      I never really understood why people have a problem with him. He very much believes in people standing on their own two feet and being made to take responsibility for themselves. he and Frank Field seem to have similar outlooks. Most of the left on the other hand and I suspect many of his critics are the virtue signalling set who like to think that handouts will keep the poor happy and that they are somehow not worthy of being afforded the opportunity for social mobility
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I never really understood why people have a problem with him.
        I could live on £53 in benefits a week, says Iain Duncan Smith | Politics | The Guardian

and

It's a stunt! Iain Duncan Smith dismisses demands to live on £53 a week | UK Politics | News | The Independent

He is Tory Scum... but even he can't stand Gidiot anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I never really understood why people have a problem with him. He very much believes in people standing on their own two feet and being made to take responsibility for themselves. he and Frank Field seem to have similar outlooks. Most of the left on the other hand and I suspect many of his critics are the virtue signalling set who like to think that handouts will keep the poor happy and that they are somehow not worthy of being afforded the opportunity for social mobility
          It's easy to stand on your own two feet when you live in your father-in-law's house.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            It's easy to stand on your own two feet when you live in your father-in-law's house.
            "In 2005, his wealth was estimated at £1 million, much of which has apparently been acquired by after-dinner speaking. An "audience with Duncan Smith", however, which was held at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall, attracted an audience of only 67 people.[75]"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_Duncan_Smith

Who would have thought people would pay money to listen to him, especially after dinner
            Last edited by AtW; 18 March 2016, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I would say it's a fairly bet that everyone rejoicing in Twitter tonight voted three times for the Blair government. The house price inflation over those years did far more damage than any cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                The house price inflation over those years did far more damage than any cuts.
                Not to the home owners it didn't

Golden Age of Bliar's Govt - 40% max tax, taper relief for CGT, Y2K, petrol for 75p, even IR35 wasn't enforced as intended, house prices going only up.

This would have never happened under Cons....
                Last edited by AtW; 18 March 2016, 22:31.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  If as a home owner you wanted to move to a bigger house it makes it more expensive and it's likely you have to move areas.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    It was academic to home owners unless they downsized.

Comment

Working...
                    X