• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Value Business Phone Deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Value Business Phone Deal

My contract with Vodafone is over. Can anyone recommend me a good provider/deal?

I used to pay £7.50 with Giff Gaff when my phone wasn't through my business. I switched to Vodafone with my business and am paying around £25

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    My contract with Vodafone is over. Can anyone recommend me a good provider/deal?

I used to pay £7.50 with Giff Gaff when my phone wasn't through my business. I switched to Vodafone with my business and am paying around £25
    So switch back to Giff Gaff and don't put it through the business.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      So switch back to Giff Gaff and don't put it through the business.
      I don't know if I'm allowed to do that considering the handset is owned by the business.

Comment

Your contract or the business's contract?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

EE and O2 all do business SIM only deals.

Have a look at their websites to see if any of their tariffs suit you.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

why???

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              why???
              To allow me to claim the handset and contract as a business expense.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Your contract or the business's contract?
                The business contract.

Comment

I don't know if I'm allowed to do that considering the handset is owned by the business.
                  Of course you can, you just can't put the cost through the business (business calls only).

Assuming of course you bought the handset separately from the contract. You don't have to put a business SIM in it. YourCo can provide you with a handset and/or a contract but it doesn't have to do both. Personal SIM in company phone - claim phone, not the contract. Business SIM (in company name) in personal phone - claim contract not handset.

There's no point in having a business contract to claim the tax back if it's costing you money in real terms.
                  Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 21 March 2016, 10:58.

Comment

To allow me to claim the handset and contract as a business expense.
                    Just buy the phone outright and keep personal sim in it

What's the point in saving 20% tax if you pay 200% more for the expense in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                    X