• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasons to leave or stay in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons to leave or stay in London

10 reasons to leave London

Ten reasons not to leave London, EVER – Now. Here. This. – Time Out London

And 1 reason to leave. Buying impossible and renting will cost 70% of your take home pay.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

And 1 reason to leave.
    The biggest tuliphole known to mankind.

HTH

Comment

75% of our laws come from London.

Time to get OUT!

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I only know the turist perspective but I don't mind to have an experience of living in London.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          The biggest tuliphole known to mankind.

HTH
          London is a wonderful city. But you need to be rich to live there full-time, I reckon - visiting the place you can stay in the centre and wander through the parks but in reality you wouldn't be living in those bits
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I missed London when I stopped working there. In the same I would miss an enormous boil on my left buttock.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That article must be tongue in cheek. Either it's having a laugh or the author has disappeared up her own/London's arse.

1/ You'll miss it - it's a comfort bubble; that's common for anyone leaving anyway.
              2/ Other places are weird - so is London.
              3/ You'll run out of people to date - slag
              4/ and sleep with - slag
              5/ It'll be even harder to come back - pure speculation but if you've left, you'll probably not want to go back
              6/ Public transport - buses randomly stop in London and tell you all to get off. The driver wouldn't get away with that elsewhere
              7/ You'll need a car - you'll have the freedom of a car that you can drive at more than an average 10mph
              8/ The food won't taste as good - you'll become a less pretentious person but can still get your Byron or Hawksmoor fix elsewhere
              9/ Because London can surprise you in beautiful ways - she's running out of reasons
              10/ And because honestly you're really needed here - yep, definitely run out of reasons

London's good and London's bad and so are plenty of other places. People in London just seem too busy. Running for a tube when they're every 2 minutes - what's all that about?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I missed London when I stopped working there. In the same I would miss an enormous boil on my left buttock.
                Was that the one you called admin?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Was that the one you called admin?
                  You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.
                    So you referring to a co-moderator?

Comment

Working...
                    X