• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chain yanked....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chain yanked....

I am having a very tough contract – the usual, programme long time brewing, testing engaged last minute expecting the magic mallet of quality to bash everything good.

Last week I was told that I was to leave in 4 weeks as I was pushing back against producing the development pipeline and sequencing – which I was needing to be able to plan my testing schedule. They now have a local PM on the case for that – which was needed as resourcing is impossible as I was expected to get resources form people already overly allocated and not allocated to me in any shape or form. Nothing in writing or email to document the bonkers chat.

However, at that time they did not appreciate the black art of HPQC and quality gate management which I am now able to make good progress with now that the distractions of fantasy planning have been removed. They were wanting me to manage planning for development and cutover under the banner of testing, which is a country mile away from the test strategy I created which they signed off against.

Which is my dilemma. I am not sure if I should let sleeping dogs lie, or look to getting clarity about the ludicrous last date chat now that they are more aware of what I am actually doing. Will keep my ear to the ground for suitable gigs, but really need to know if I need to be looking or not. The dog is kind of wagging the tail again, but more poodle than Alsation.

I need a holiday. Just not a long term holiday......

"Fantasy Planning". I'll have to remember that one.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

MTFU

hth
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Either STFU and keep billing as fantasy planning has a habit of extending the project and therefore the contract (just make sure that your backside is covered ready for the blame game)
        Or get a track day.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If you want your chain yanked, ask NLYUK.

She is doing her radiator key thing this week for half price.

Comment

Draft in Suity to save your project.

Comment

QQFY...why are all you projects such a crock of sh1t and its always someone else's fault?

I hear Maccy D's are hiring....
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
              X