• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not a huge fan of Sport Relief et al...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a huge fan of Sport Relief et al...

... but Eddie is pretty amazing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35856814

Any of our resident endurance athletes around to comment? It's not like he's a professional runner, who has spent years honing his body to this sort of thing.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Eddie Izzard completes Sport Relief marathons challenge - BBC News

Any of our resident endurance athletes around to comment? It's not like he's a professional runner, who has spent years honing his body to this sort of thing.
    He's a narcissist who is trying to keep his fading career alive with this stunt.

Comment

Fauja Singh becomes oldest marathon runner - BBC News
      Pregnant Amber Miller runs Chicago Marathon hours before giving birth | Daily Mail Online

Conclusion: running a marathon isn't the big deal people make it out to be.

I'm a bit disappointed that Eddie Izzard didn't do it in drag.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Eddie Izzard completes Sport Relief marathons challenge - BBC News

He is going a long way to be a virtue signalling leftie
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Are there any photos of his feet?

I bet they looked worse than Diver's hand.....

Comment

all the money raised by the public through Sport Relief, 50% is used to make a difference right here in the UK, and 50% goes towards transforming lives across the world’s poorest communities.
            I'm out
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

For those knocking the guy, can I ask what is your biggest endurance achievement? And what you have done for charity?

I don't like the guy. But he has done an enormous amount for charity.

I only did a continuous triple ironman(8 mile swim, 336 mile cycle, 80 mile run). And it fooking killed me. And my feet. I have lost 6 toenails so far - one to go. The first came off after 24 hours taking off most of the skin of my right big toe.

I am a wimp compared to Minestrone who did MDS.

And I bet Minestrone considers himself a wimp relative to Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                For those knocking the guy, can I ask what is your biggest endurance achievement? And what you have done for charity?

I don't like the guy. But he has done an enormous amount for charity.

I only did a continuous triple ironman(8 mile swim, 336 mile cycle, 80 mile run). And it fooking killed me. And my feet. I have lost 6 toenails so far - one to go. The first came off after 24 hours taking off most of the skin of my right big toe.

I am a wimp compared to Minestrone who did MDS.

And I bet Minestrone considers himself a wimp relative to Eddie.
                I masturbated for 4 hours one time..you don't see me going on telly boasting about it

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                  I masturbated for 4 hours one time..you don't see me going on telly boasting about it
                  I don't see Eddie doing that either. And besides running 27 marathons and not telling anyone wouldn't exactly raise a lot of cash for charity...
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    We don't see you raising any money for charity either

Comment

Working...
                    X