• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stephen Crabb announces there will be no further cuts to welfare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Crabb announces there will be no further cuts to welfare

Government announces there are no plans for further cuts to welfare

Stephen Crabb, the new Welfare and Pensions Secretary, has suggested there will be no more welfare savings in this Parliament.

He announced the government will not be going ahead with changes to PIP and that there will be no further plans to make welfare savings in this parliament.

“We will not be going ahead with the changes to PIP that had been put forward,” he said

“I am absolutely clear that a compassionate and fair welfare system should not just be about numbers.

“Behind every statistic is a human being and perhaps sometimes in government we forget that.

Source: Stephen Crabb announces there will be no further cuts to welfare - after David Cameron praises George Osborne and Iain Duncan Smith - Telegraph

So, IDS took one for the team and protected countless people from savage Tory Scum (tm) cuts. What will they be cutting now?

Health, Welfare and Edukation are ring fenced, so is the Defense. We can also be pretty certain that Debt Interest won't be cut either

My calculation is that they'll need to cut 84 bln out of 181 bln remaining to get proficit IF the economy does not tank (which it will thanks to attack on investors who'd invest their money elsewhere).

There are no plans. This week.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Gidiot worried about riots in his own party?

Or was that the only reason Crabb would take the role?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Or was that the only reason Crabb would take the role?
        I was thinking just that...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I was thinking just that...
          I looked up Crabb's background when he was appointed.

State educated from a single parent family due to a violent father.

Not Eurosceptic so probably not a leadership contender at the moment.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

The bizarre thing is that they're insisting they'll get MPs to vote on the Budget tomorrow, despite the fact that this affair has blown a £4.4 billion hole in the damn thing and Gideon hasn't got the faintest idea what to fill it with

"Yeah, this finance bill is obviously now worthless and we can't tell you what we're actually going to do because we don't know, but just vote it through so we can pretend we're on top of things, there's a good chap."

FFS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The bizarre thing is that they're insisting they'll get MPs to vote on the Budget tomorrow, despite the fact that this affair has blown a £4.4 billion hole in the damn thing and Gideon hasn't got the faintest idea what to fill it with
                I thought actual voting was done in summer, by which time CoE will actually provide full details of what will happen?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I thought actual voting was done in summer, by which time CoE will actually provide full details of what will happen?
                  Looking at tomorrow's order of business in the Commons, it looks like "Conclusion of Budget debate" must be the thing they're voting on, rather than the actual Finance Bill. Still, unless Gideon manages to have a sofa delivered that he can find £4.4 billion down the back of…
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 21 March 2016, 22:30.

Comment

Apparently Downing Street was at great pains to clarify that Crabb didn't say "no more welfare cuts" but "no more welfare cuts planned at the moment"

Comment

Working...
                    X