• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie jobs

I got sent a job spec, for a very senior technical role at a FTSE 100 household name. Managing offshore delivery team, reporting to senior management etc, post graduate educated in computer science or similar, tight deadlines, high pressure role.

£50K pa.

I have friends that are plumbers and sparks, zero stress, easy job, earning more than that.

Those are skilled trades so why shouldn't they earn well? Because they work with their hands they shouldn't be high earners?

Sitting in an office twiddling your thumbs is the easy job!

(and I doubt you would have such low-class friends )
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Those are skilled trades so why shouldn't they earn well? Because they work with their hands they shouldn't be high earners?

Sitting in an office twiddling your thumbs is the easy job!

(and I doubt you would have such low-class friends )
      My point is, how the hell does a senior IT role, managing an offshore delivery team in a high pressure environment pay £50K? They are looking for someone with at least 10 years experience of delivering IT solutions to the company, but salaries are the same at 15 years ago?

IT has gone nowhere since 2000.

Still it has gone over your empty heas as usual, so don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        My point is, how the hell does a senior IT role, managing an offshore delivery team in a high pressure environment pay £50K? They are looking for someone with at least 10 years experience of delivering IT solutions to the company, but salaries are the same at 15 years ago?

Dunno what you mean by IT, but the data analyis/data science part of IT is booming with salaries/rates rising fast.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Dunno what you mean by IT, but the data analyis/data science part of IT is booming with salaries/rates rising fast.
          Well there you go then.

Comment

50k is a high salary. Unless this is in London?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I got sent a job spec, for a very senior technical role at a FTSE 100 household name. Managing offshore delivery team, reporting to senior management etc, post graduate educated in computer science or similar, tight deadlines, high pressure role.

£50K pa.

I have friends that are plumbers and sparks, zero stress, easy job, earning more than that.
              £50k for a baby sitter, thats not bad for an unskilled job
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

£50K is a high salary for someone who is responsible for delivering the key IT systems to the board at a FTSE 100 company? That needs to be a post graduate in computer science, highly experienced in Oracle enterprise suite, 10 years experience min and shoulders the delivery deadlines.

And yes it is not far from London.

Okay, fine, maybe it was a shock to me when I know people that just bumbled out of school and have zero stress lives pulling bits of wire through some holes for similar incomes.

Carry on, as you were.
                Last edited by DimPrawn; 22 March 2016, 10:57.

Comment

£50K is a high salary for someone who is responsible for delivering the key IT systems to the board at a FTSE 100 company. That needs to be a post graduate in computer science, highly experienced in Oracle enterprise suite, 10 years experience min and shoulders the delivery deadlines.

And yes it is not far from London.

Okay, fine, maybe it was a shock to me when I know people that just bumbled out of school and have zero stress lives pulling bits of wire through some holes for similar incomes.

Carry on, as you were.
                  Nope. I'm with you. When I had a similar role to that as a permie I was on a 6 figure basic with bonuses etc on top.

Comment

£50K pa.
                    Sounds like they fired MF and are looking for his replacement. here you go ->

Comment

Working...
                    X