• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is it that we seem to be incapable of finding professional representation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it that we seem to be incapable of finding professional representation

that can explain the figures involved sensibly...

Public sector PSCs vow to quit over Osborne's attack :: Contractor UK

Seriously this shoddy pile of crap is supposed to be written by someone that understands the situation.

Why is it that VAT is consistently left out of any figures that get mentioned by either side when talking about tax contributions. I can see why the treasury want to deflate the contributions as it makes us look like scum but for our own bloody representation to be missing the chance to show even simple figures that illustrate the facts...

How hard is it to show figures like:

£120k turnover
    £20k corporation tax paid
    £24k Vat collection
    + personal tax depending on the amount taken out the company ...

Where exactly is the NOT FAIR SHARE in that???

No wonder Gideon the git thinks we are an easy target...

Because the VAT issue is not so simple.

If you're on FRVS you actually make money on VAT.
    Given that someone with a turnover of £120K is likely to be 'selling' to a business the chances are that the 24K you charge will be claimed back on their VAT return, so it's neutral to HMRC.
    Financial services are unable to claim the VAT back, so in that scenario you are the tax collector.

Comment

Fair share is a meaningless concept.

The attack on contractors started in 2008. Most contractors were happy to let a few suffer - because it would never happen to them.

Now the whining starts. f00k them. I hope HMRC takes them for 100%. Retrospectively.

Matt Searle sounds like a right twunt. I do hope he is never allowed to post here.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Matt Searle sounds like a right twunt. I do hope he is never allowed to post here.
        Err.....

Comment

I am Matt Searle!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I am Matt Searle!
            I'm Matt Searle, and so is my wife!
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

No I am Matt Searle and so's my wife!

Bollocks beat me to it!!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Because the VAT issue is not so simple.

If you're on FRVS you actually make money on VAT.
                Given that someone with a turnover of £120K is likely to be 'selling' to a business the chances are that the 24K you charge will be claimed back on their VAT return, so it's neutral to HMRC.
                Financial services are unable to claim the VAT back, so in that scenario you are the tax collector.
                Unless your VAT on purchases exceeds that amount.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I am Matt Searle!
                  Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  I'm Matt Searle, and so is my wife!
                  #jesuismattsearle

Comment

The attack on contractors started in 2008.
                    Thought it started in 1999 with the introduction of IR35
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X