• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Screaming Babies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screaming Babies

Is anyone else in earshot of a really load screaming baby & a missus who keeps shouting 'can you check on the baby Im doing the washing'

What is it with woman who just don't realise that I am working when I am on the internet in my office, not just posting guff on CUK.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      . . . a missus who keeps shouting 'can you check on the baby Im doing the washing'
      You can get machines to that nowadays.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

She just came in hoovering FFS when I was on the phone to an agent!!!!!!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oh dear

It's strange, I remember the twin tub and mangle of my youth. A family of six and my parents both running seperate businesses 24*7.

Now though I see some of the mummy mafia exhausted if they make a cup of tea.

I'm obviously a misogynist.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ahem...womans opinion alert....

If your women are getting on your nerves, get them told! You get what you settle for fellas. Grow a spine and tell them "WOMAN, NO!!!"

(A word to the wise - we find that kind of arousing also!) )
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              She just came in hoovering FFS when I was on the phone to an agent!!!!!!!!

Mine does that.... and insists on babbling on about banal tosh when I'm trying to concentrate on something.. must be genetic
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

My brain has an uncanny knack of ruthlessly editing out useless and redundant information which leads Mrs Lucifer to continually accuse me of not listening to her. It's not true, I do listen but just don't retain the information if it's something not likely to affect me. For example, tonight Mrs Lucifer might tell me that she's going into town for lunch with a friend and for a spot of shopping afterwards on Thursday. All my brain will store is "Mrs Lucifer not in on Thursday afternoon" but she will then get offended that on Tuesday morning I can't remember where she's going, why or who with.

I got caught out last night about some supposedly important conversation (I doubt it was, otherwise I could have remembered). In a moment of frank honesty, I told her, "darling, I can remember you will be late home on Wednesday but all I can recall of the conversation is, 'blah, blah, my mother, blah, her dogs, blah, blah, late home on Wednesday'".

Now, I was not praised for being honest, quite the reverse in fact, so can anybody help me out and remind me what it was Mrs Lucifer told me she was going to do on Wednesday evening? I can then amaze her with my attentiveness later on this evening.

Comment

And I thought I was alone on this one.

When WORKING from home in my OFFICE I am doing just that, therefore just "looking after the kids for a bit" is about as relevant as if I were working on a client site i.e. it isn't.

Oh, and I post on here from client sites as well so that doesn't count.

Hang on, more nappies to change...

Comment

Get a job away 5 days a week, it works wonders.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Working...
                    X