• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How stupid are agents?!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How stupid are agents?!!!

I've just been tapped up for
    a) a permy job
    which is
    b) based 300 miles away from my home
    and more to the point, is
    c) part of a "contractor replacement scheme"!!!

Fujitsu are aparently trying to replace all their contractors in one fell swoop with permies. Does anyone know anythgi abou this?
    Fair play to them if its true like, but are agents really that stupid to appraoch contractors for these positions?!!!

I despair sometimes, I really do!
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I've just been tapped up for
    a) a permy job
    which is
    b) based 300 miles away from my home
    and more to the point, is
    c) part of a "contractor replacement scheme"!!!

Fujitsu are aparently trying to replace all their contractors in one fell swoop with permies. Does anyone know anythgi abou this?
    Fair play to them if its true like, but are agents really that stupid to appraoch contractors for these positions?!!!

I despair sometimes, I really do!
    All companies do this - some muppet thinks that they can get rid of all the contractors...the permies will do equivalent work & the company will save shed loads of cash.... the reality usually bites after 9 months when the contractors will start to trickle back in.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I understand your despair SallyAnne. There are some prize plonkers out there and no mistake.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

We should all boycott Fujitsu until they admit their stupidity and double our daily rates!

If only we could boycott agents....

I actually had an argument with an agent once cause they were tring to tell me that Manchester was in the North East /

And one tried to tap me up for a job in France...when I asked what I was supposed to do about the language he said "just buy a phrase book, you'll be fine".

What a bunch of utter useless knackers they are.

<shudder> (I'm finishing my contract this week and have to start dealing with them on a day to day basis again) </shudder>
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
          All companies do this - some muppet thinks that they can get rid of all the contractors...the permies will do equivalent work & the company will save shed loads of cash.... the reality usually bites after 9 months when the contractors will start to trickle back in.
          Unfortunately this not the case anymore. Once they realise that permies can’t hack it they will replace them all with an outsource provider.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

We should all boycott Fujitsu until they admit their stupidity and double our daily rates!

If only we could boycott agents....

I actually had an argument with an agent once cause they were tring to tell me that Manchester was in the North East /

And one tried to tap me up for a job in France...when I asked what I was supposed to do about the language he said "just buy a phrase book, you'll be fine".

What a bunch of utter useless knackers they are.

<shudder> (I'm finishing my contract this week and have to start dealing with them on a day to day basis again) </shudder>
            I think you have a touch of the old fashioned "protectionist" attitude about you. Something similar to the Trade Unions of old. What you are suggesting worries me. Who are you to decide what Fujitsu's business strategy should be?

I like your attitude towards agents though

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
              Unfortunately this not the case anymore. Once they realise that permies can’t hack it they will replace them all with an outsource provider.
              They are an outsource provider.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
                I think you have a touch of the old fashioned "protectionist" attitude about you. Something similar to the Trade Unions of old. What you are suggesting worries me. Who are you to decide what Fujitsu's business strategy should be?

I like your attitude towards agents though

How am I deciding what Fujitsu's business strategy's should be? Chill your pants Forumbore - If a company wants to say "we want to replace all of our contractors" then its perfectly acceptable for me to say "contractors should aviod taking a permie job working for them, as we'd be cutting our own throats". Whats your problem with that?

I do have somewhat of a protectionist attitude - but its all theoretical and idealistic. The fact that I'm a contractor should tell you that!

I have values and ideas - which I will occassionally voice on this forum. It doesn't mean I'd actually act on them - this place is more like a talking diary sometimes.
                I'm a contractor, which makes me somewhat of a whore. Beliefs aside, I'd probably still work for them, if the money was right )
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

I'm a contractor, which makes me somewhat of a whore.

Any discounts for CUK members (so to speak)?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

How am I deciding what Fujitsu's business strategy's should be? Chill your pants Forumbore - If a company wants to say "we want to replace all of our contractors" then its perfectly acceptable for me to say "contractors should aviod taking a permie job working for them, as we'd be cutting our own throats". Whats your problem with that?

I do have somewhat of a protectionist attitude - but its all theoretical and idealistic. The fact that I'm a contractor should tell you that!

I have values and ideas - which I will occassionally voice on this forum. It doesn't mean I'd actually act on them - this place is more like a talking diary sometimes.
                    I'm a contractor, which makes me somewhat of a whore. Beliefs aside, I'd probably still work for them, if the money was right )
                    Oohh, get her!
                    "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X