• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Britain become a depressing dump?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Britain become a depressing dump?

Seems a lot of people have lost their mojo, or joie de vivre as the cheese eating surrender monkeys would say.

As Brits we've not only got a country with generally dreary weather, we've got a lot of economic, demographic and social issues, massive overcrowding due to immigraion, HMRC :nazi:s on our backs, Tory scumverment, terrorist threats, Brexit uncertainty, rocketing prices for rabbit hutch housing, eco loons and falling salaries and contractor rates.

Is it time for everyone to fill in the emigration papers, live a simpler life in the sunshine? Has Britain become an depressing place to live and work?

Discuss. Or simply post random unrelated tulipe.

And the women?

If it were not for European (Specifically Eastern) immigration, I would have bought myself a one way ticket to Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Is it time for everyone to fill in the emigration papers, live a simpler life in the sunshine?
      Where's the prawn off to then? Crete?

Comment

...live a simpler life in the sunshine?
        Where would you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          And the women?

If it were not for European (Specifically Eastern) immigration, I would have bought myself a one way ticket to Switzerland
          Given your weight and laziness issues, combined with lecherous overtones, perhaps it's a defence mechanism?

Comment

Seems a lot of people have lost their mojo, or joie de vivre as the cheese eating surrender monkeys would say.

As Brits we've not only got a country with generally dreary weather, we've got a lot of economic, demographic and social issues, massive overcrowding due to immigraion, HMRC :nazi:s on our backs, Tory scumverment, terrorist threats, Brexit uncertainty, rocketing prices for rabbit hutch housing, eco loons and falling salaries and contractor rates.

Is it time for everyone to fill in the emigration papers, live a simpler life in the sunshine? Has Britain become an depressing place to live and work?

So lets get this straight we shouldn't take immigrants but we should all clear off to other countries, so If I emigrate to Australia what will I be? Oh ya an immigrant

Even with it's problems there are a lot worse places than this country

Comment

Does look like we've gone back into 'managed decline' mode again. Brexit will be acid test. Remain is as good as hoisting the white flag.

Comment

Problem is you can't escape yourself.
                When you realise the problem lies within you, you'll have made progress.

HTH, BIDI
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

The North is uncrowded, untroubled by terrorism and still quite homogeneous (to the extent you actually notice when you see a black/chinese person outside a city). Plus, house prices are still sensible (ish).

I'm not sure if the weather is much worse than the south really - it's dry on the east and wet on the west and you get really nice long summer days due to being further north.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                    So lets get this straight we shouldn't take immigrants but we should all clear off to other countries, so If I emigrate to Australia what will I be? Oh ya an immigrant
                    We shouldn't take useless immigrants, only the useful ones. And those of us here are mostly "the useful ones" and are likely to be welcomed by other countries

Comment

Working...
                    X