• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had a heart attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a heart attack

So, being brilliantly on the at risk list due to my manic lifestyle imagine my surprise that yesterday, the wife, not me had a heart attack.

Having complained of headaches and chest pains for a few days. She went to doctors and they said it was anxiety and gave her some tablets.

Yesterday she complained of feeling worse and by last night I took her to A&E where after 5 hours she was put on a cardiac recovery unit.

So it seems they think she's had a blockage, and a heart attack and they are waiting to do further tests.

With those who have experience what happens next?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    So, being brilliantly on the at risk list due to my manic lifestyle imagine my surprise that yesterday, the wife, not me had a heart attack.

Having complained of headaches and chest pains for a few days. She went to doctors and they said it was anxiety and gave her some tablets.

Yesterday she complained of feeling worse and by last night I took her to A&E where after 5 hours she was put on a cardiac recovery unit.

So it seems they think she's had a blockage, and a heart attack and they are waiting to do further tests.

Hope she's OK. Shout if you need babysitter (for hospital visits, not for going out boozing!)

They'll put in stents and she'll be hunky dory.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      You change your lifestyle so the risk of it happening to you is reduced?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, hope she gets well soon...

Time for you to take stock, also?
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Hopefully it's the 'classic' warning sign and she'll get chance to adjust her lifestyle to reduce possibility of a re-occurrence, or it was a physical build up over time that they can address.

At my current client two permies have dropped dead from a heart attack in the last year or so. Both over a weekend and feedback was it happened while they were out exercising and emergency response couldn't reach them in time. To us they seemed healthy and active and with both being well under 40 it came as a shock.

Since then I've worried when I get palpitations from too much caffeine from the coffee drinking, wondering if it's the big one, thinking if it can happen to them then it can to me or anyone once you're over a certain age and have enjoyed life's trimmings to that point.

A wake up call for those fortunate enough to wake up from it.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Hopefully it's the 'classic' warning sign and she'll get chance to adjust her lifestyle to reduce possibility of a re-occurrence, or it was a physical build up over time that they can address.

At my current client two permies have dropped dead from a heart attack in the last year or so. Both over a weekend and feedback was it happened while they were out exercising and emergency response couldn't reach them in time. To us they seemed healthy and active and with both being well under 40 it came as a shock.

Since then I've worried when I get palpitations from too much caffeine from the coffee drinking, wondering if it's the big one, thinking if it can happen to them then it can to me or anyone once you're over a certain age and have enjoyed life's trimmings to that point.

A wake up call for those fortunate enough to wake up from it.
            Under 40 means it's genetic and a heart abnormality.

Comment

I hope she is ok.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

A story my father in-law likes to talk about is the story of a retired chap who had a heart attack whilst playing tennis, luckily they had a defibrillator by the court. 15 years later he's still playing tennis. Bloody baby boomers.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hope she's ok MF!

Comment

Think Nick Fitz had similar
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X