• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

URGENT - Anyone been to India - applied for Business Visa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT - Anyone been to India - applied for Business Visa?

Anyone travelled to India on business? So you applied for a business visa? You're a UK national (by birth)?

Did you need a "letter of invitation" from the company you were visiting?

It's not clear from the process I've followed thus far if I need a letter of invitation or not.

Really appreciate any help here.

Thanks!

Yes you need a letter, but it should be easy to get. Visa is a faff as you need to go to London for a day
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

FTFY
      Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Yes you need a letter, but it should be easy to get. Visa is a faff as you need to go to London for a day and queue up for fecking hours.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Thanks! As far as I can see I need to go to London twice, once to put in my application and again a few days later to collect my visa and passport.

Upon further investigation, it seems I also need a "business letter" which MyCo writes to the High Commission in support of my application... ?

Comment

They can do a same day service for a couple of hundred quid, or they will courier it back to you a few days later for less.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You may be able to pay someone to do the visa part for you, however you will still have to fill out the forms.

I have done it with their tourist visa b4...
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

When I got my visa it was done by post to Birmingham. Letter of invitation was written by 3rd party supplier offshore. You also need a very specific sized photo taking. Some machines do it now, but I had to use a photographer

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Anyone travelled to India on business? So you applied for a business visa? You're a UK national (by birth)?

Did you need a "letter of invitation" from the company you were visiting?
                Yes, no, yes, no.

Depends what you are doing there, of course.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X