• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a home 1982 vs 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torygraph spells it out in simple terms how easy it used to be to buy Baby boomer vs Gen Y: homebuying in 1982 compared to 2016
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

It's not 1982 anymore. Get over it.

Or are you waiting for a time machine?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Torygraph spells it out in simple terms how easy it used to be to buy Baby boomer vs Gen Y: homebuying in 1982 compared to 2016
      I'll say it again, you live in a deeply selfish country that does not give a sh1t about you.

If you have the purple balls to become the next Guy Fawkes, we will talk again
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        I'll say it again, you live in a deeply selfish country that does not give a sh1t about you.

If you have the purple balls to become the next Guy Fawkes, we will talk again
        It does not give a sh1t about you.

It does give a tulip about the country though

Like for a start all your general essentials such as gas, leccy, data, council tax, water etc can be had for not much more than 6k a year.

Just think about what you actually get for that as opposed to say most of the rest of the world.

Comment

Oh boo-********-hoo!
          Change the record you dreary tedious c0cksocket.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Oh boo-********-hoo!
            Change the record you dreary tedious c0cksocket.

Do you not care about anyone else but yourself?

What about the young today?

Comment

The world is an unfair place. It always has been and it always will be. Whoever informed you otherwise duped you.
              I suggest you pay more attention to addressing today's issues rather than wallowing in some misguided stupor imagining that life has EVER been "easy" for the vast majority.
              You will make better progress and, more importantly, reduce the amount of irritation you bring to others.
              Deal with today's tribulations, that is the only choice any of us has in the final analysis.
              You might as well whinge on about your lottery numbers not coming up. Your arguments are about as valid.

HTH BIDI
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                It does not give a sh1t about you.

It does give a tulip about the country though

Like for a start all your general essentials such as gas, leccy, data, council tax, water etc can be had for not much more than 6k a year.

Just think about what you actually get for that as opposed to say most of the rest of the world.
                Sorry, you completely lost me on those first two sentences.

Secondly, very poor examples with regards to quoting utilities council tax and telecoms.

Utilities all foreign owned, previously publicly owned, price rigged and therefore poor value.
                Maybe you feel you get value for your council tax we certainly don't feel that way in London.
                As for telecoms, a license to print money especially as BT, previously publicly owned, have a monopoly on fast broadband.
                I think you will find we pay a lot more, for all the above, than other countries of an equal standing, happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

If you think your government / country gives a toss about you, you are either on the wrong drugs, or are completely deluded.

If you are rich, Russian or Chinese, it's a different story.

HTH.
                Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 27 March 2016, 13:17.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Be honest, you care about yourself, you. You would like a large comfortable detached family home, with nice neighbours, big garden for the kids, with good schools, excellent fast transport links to well paying enjoyable work. All for an easily affordable price.

If you had all that, would you be banging on about what other people can't afford. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Be honest, you care about yourself, you. You would like a large comfortable detached family home, with nice neighbours, big garden for the kids, with good schools, excellent fast transport links to well paying enjoyable work. All for an easily affordable price.

If you had all that, would you be banging on about what other people can't afford. Nope.
                    Be honest, yes I would give a tulip. Because I consider myself very fortunate, which means many many others have it harder than me, and I feel genuinely sorry for them and how screwed over they have been.

Actually low house prices would be great. Low prices and a benign market. Folk could spend less on mortgages, and more on things like holidays. What's not to like?
                    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 27 March 2016, 13:28.

Comment

Working...
                    X