• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Artificial Grass

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artificial Grass

I cant face a summer of grass seeds & mowing & sprinklers. And then kids ruining the lawn.

Has anyone put artificial grass in their garden? Any tips?

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    I cant face a summer of grass seeds & mowing & sprinklers. And then kids ruining the lawn.

Is it worth the bother? Let the kids run riot and ruin the garden. That's what gardens are for.

Eventually they will leave home and you can spend your dotage tending an immaculate lawn and remembering the happy times the kids were playing in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      Is it worth the bother? Let the kids run riot and ruin the garden. That's what gardens are for.

Eventually they will leave home and you can spend your dotage tending an immaculate lawn and remembering the happy times the kids were playing in the garden.
      Or with artificial grass I can sit there with a beer , watch the kids run riot and still have a lovely green lawn.

Comment

That is so, so sad.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Sacrilege!

There is something very satisfying about mowing the lawn.

There is something even more satisfying about enjoying a drink with the smell of freshly cut grass once the job is done.

And, as ever - artificial grass gives you cancer
          Last edited by Gumbo Robot; 27 March 2016, 19:32.

Comment

Or with artificial grass I can sit there with a beer , watch the kids run riot and still have a lovely green lawn.
            Grass isn't suppose to be green if there is a hot summer so don't worry about it.

Kids only ruin grass for a few years then grow out of it. At that point you get them to mow the lawn for some pocket money, but you need to start now by getting them to "tend" a very small patch of the garden.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Have you thought about neighbour cats???

I thought not!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Grass isn't suppose to be green if there is a hot summer so don't worry about it.

Kids only ruin grass for a few years then grow out of it. At that point you get them to mow the lawn for some pocket money, but you need to start now by getting them to "tend" a very small patch of the garden.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I prefer the real stuff

HTH
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Have you thought about condoms???

I thought not!

FTFY.

No kids = real grass = petrol lawnmower.

I love the smell of cut grass first thing in the morning, followed by sitting admiring it with a beer (Hogs Back Gardeners Tipple).

...although the Wife (tm) recently hosed down the patio while the chickens were out, the chickens then decided to look for worms in the wet grass. Now have a few mud patches on the top lawn.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X