• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priority Pass - good / bad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priority Pass - good / bad

Anybody on here have a priority pass for airport lounges ? I am just about to be travelling every other week for a new contract so think it might be useful .. Online reviews are pretty mixed so not sure ps can you also claim as an expense ?

Originally posted by rich2476 View Post
    Anybody on here have a priority pass for airport lounges ? I am just about to be travelling every other week for a new contract so think it might be useful .. Online reviews are pretty mixed so not sure ps can you also claim as an expense ?

Can't expense, but what airline are you flying with?
    Unless they are a budget carrier, they will have a loyalty program. You'll soon build up enough points to get into a lounge even flying economy.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'd expense it anyway.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Also depends on where/when you are flying

I have flown quite a bit with work - never quite enough to get enough points on anyone's loyalty scheme

Having said that mine were mainly domestic or short haul European flights

I think if I was doing long haul and wanted to freshen up in between flights may be useful otherwise there is always a quiet corner you can find to grab a coffee n surf the web for an hour

Comment

I get it free with my bank account which I also get free because of the sufficient turnover

Milan.

Comment

I will be mostly flybe - Edinburgh to London ... Off to check if they have any loyalty prog

Comment

Originally posted by rich2476 View Post
              I will be mostly flybe - Edinburgh to London ... Off to check if they have any loyalty prog
              But check in for domestics only closes like 30 mins before departure

You can easily arrive at the airport with 1 hour before your flight, check in and by the time you have cleared security you will be able to go the loo, grab a bottle of water or something and bob is your uncle

By all means find the lounge and use a loyalty programme but not sure it is really going to offer you that much - unless you like to arrive early and spend time in the lounge although I imagine the flybe lounge at Edinburgh is not the most luxurious of places..

Comment

what's the best lounge we've all been in ?

I'll go first, Emirates Business Lounge at Dubai

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  what's the best lounge we've all been in ?

I'll go first, Emirates Business Lounge at Dubai

Milan.
                  BA Arrivals at Terminal 2 Heathrow. Not because it's great, but because it was exactly what I needed after a dreadful overnight flight!
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Also depends on where/when you are flying

I have flown quite a bit with work - never quite enough to get enough points on anyone's loyalty scheme

Having said that mine were mainly domestic or short haul European flights

I did 18 months of flying Gatwick - Strasbourg.
                    Like most airlines, if you do enough flights, you get up the pecking order. 40+ returns per year got me platinum, entrance to the lounge and enough miles for some free flights to the US
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X