• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plane hijack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plane hijack

EgyptAir hijack: Jet lands at Larnaca airport - BBC News

Landed in Cyprus.
    4 Britons reported to be on board.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 29 March 2016, 15:44.

At least some passengers are off the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      At least some passengers are off the plane.
      Egyptians and Yanks have been reelased according to reports, 3 Brits, a paddy and an Italian still on board along with the crew.

My money is this is not an act of terrorism, but an asylum bid which is why they landed in Greek Cyprus not Turkish Cyprus
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

BBC said unconfirmed reports of the person being strapped with explosives though. So, it's either a terrorist attack with explosives, an asylum bid with explosives, or the BBC are stupid for posting unconfirmed rumours. Hope they all get through this. My worst nightmare is being stuck on a plane in this sort of situation

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          BBC said unconfirmed reports of the person being strapped with explosives though. So, it's either a terrorist attack with explosives, an asylum bid with explosives, or the BBC are stupid for posting unconfirmed rumours. Hope they all get through this. My worst nightmare is being stuck on a plane in this sort of situation
          Mine is being stuck on a plane with MF.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Mine is being stuck on a plane with MF.
            At least you could hope to use him as a blast shield in the event it all kicks off.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              Or the hijacker claims to be strapped with explosives, but it's really just tins of baked beans.

The passengers leaving the plane looked pretty relaxed considering.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Or the hijacker claims to be strapped with explosives, but it's really just tins of baked beans.

The passengers leaving the plane looked pretty relaxed considering.
                Or hot dogs

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

According to the beeb, Hijacker turns out to be a love sick romeo.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

His estranged wife is on the way to the airport. Can't think why she left him - seems a calm, rational sort of guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X