• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RSPCA Powers or or lack there off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSPCA Powers or or lack there off

Listening to the radio this morning the case centered on police authorising RSPCA Inspectors to remove a cat, which was then destroyed, I found it surprising based on their reported case law (and an RSPCA advert which shows an inspector taking an animal from its owner) that in fact they really have no powers at all as they are simply a charity.

RSPCA acted wrongly when it seized and destroyed family's pet cat, official report concludes - Telegraph

In the case the (police) Inspector gave the RSPCA authority to remove the animal when they had no legal power to do so, shocking really!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I wish they wouldn't say "destroyed". Just say "killed" and be honest about it.

It's an independent charity not the government's animal protection department. Though there's probably a good argument for licencing them to do certain things.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The RSPCA do a huge amount of good. A great pity they really messed up in this case.

We currently have a stray un-neutered male hanging round. MrsBP feeds him outside(he will spray if inside). Her sister got the cat to a local vet - she wanted to take him in - but the vet would not neuter without proof of ownership.

There seem to be too many stray dogs/cats that the RSPCA deals with. More need to be spayed/neutered.

Though the same should apply to humans.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        The RSPCA used to do a lot of good.

Before it got run by a shedload of animal rights feckwhits.

Apparently they can launch private prosecutions for animal cruelty.
        Just like anyone else

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Can I get them to destroy the fecking yapping dog next door, and the owners too?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Can I get them to destroy the fecking yapping dog next door, and the owners too?
            Nope.

Also the dog's innocent. You need the owners destroyed.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The RSPCA are useless.

One ex-neighbour reported a dog he knew that was never walked. They said it wasn't animal cruelty.

I eventually saw the dog he was complaining about.

The dog was this grossly obese labrador.

I've never seen a dog so fat in my life. I thought it was going to collapse walking.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                The RSPCA are useless.

One ex-neighbour reported a dog he knew that was never walked. They said it wasn't animal cruelty.

I eventually saw the dog he was complaining about.

The dog was this grossly obese labrador.

I've never seen a dog so fat in my life. I thought it was going to collapse walking.
                Was it owned by MF?

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Was it owned by MF?
                  No, married to him

Comment

This is worth a listen.

BBC Radio 4 - Face the Facts, The RSPCA - A law unto itself?

Comment

Working...
                    X