• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gideon's stealthy slashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gideon's stealthy slashes

Indirect savings:

NS&I cuts savings rates and number of Premium Bond prizes - BBC News

Premium bond odds brought into line with lottery win odds by the sound of it.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Consequence of ZIRP and QE.

If you want to feel like you've won the Premium Bonds every month, just buy more BTL properties. Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

If you want to feel like you've won the Premium Bonds every month, just buy more BTL properties. Sorted.
      Landlords should face new affordability tests, says Bank of England - BBC News

Comment

Won't happen, banks take absolutely zero notice of these "rules", they aren't enforced and the govt quangos that are supposed to investigate and enforce will do feck all as they have always done. It is just there to appease Guardian readers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

i love an optimist

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It'sOnlyFair(tm)

That & "HardWorkingFamilies(tm)" gives me the urge to reach for my AK every time I hear it.
            To be fair Gidiot doesn't use "It's only fair".

He prefers " Labour are a threat to security" and "Corbyn are a threat to security" and "[Insert name] are a threat to security".

Though he's not said that with the SNP....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Indirect savings:

BARSTEWARDS!

Comment

Just another step to the world of NIRP.

Japan, Sweden, Switzerland and EU now have negative interest rates.

NO ONE WANTS YOUR WORTHLESS MONEY!

A nice property rented out to immigrants on the other hand....very desirable ownership prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Indirect savings:

This is not a government direction.

The prize fund is funded by the 'interest' that the Government would have paid on the money it has borrowed from the public who buy Premium Bonds.

So, if interest rates fall, the Debt Office has an obligation to pay no more than the going rate, to do otherwise is to waste the taxpayers money, whom actually pays for the prizes.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                    This is not a government direction.

The prize fund is funded by the 'interest' that the Government would have paid on the money it has borrowed from the public who buy Premium Bonds.

So, if interest rates fall, the Debt Office has an obligation to pay no more than the going rate, to do otherwise is to waste the taxpayers money, whom actually pays for the prizes.
                    Less of that. We were only three posts away from AtW doing a live remake of Falling Down.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X