• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Won't somebody think of the children?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't somebody think of the children?

Toddlers 'need early years teachers in nurseries' - BBC News

What the hell do they think the parents are meant to do, just sit at home and watch TV? Sod the Boomers, this generation is doing nothing to help the next. One of us always read to our kids and they've just about turned out okay. If parents see kids as some sort of burden to pass around to various carers then they shouldn't have them.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Toddlers 'need early years teachers in nurseries' - BBC News

What the hell do they think the parents are meant to do, just sit at home and watch TV? Sod the Boomers, this generation is doing nothing to help the next. One of us always read to our kids and they've just about turned out okay. If parents see kids as some sort of burden to pass around to various carers then they shouldn't have them.
    The trap that most working families face is that they need both wages for the mortgage so they are never there to help teach their kids. Or by the time they are around, they are toasted and the kid gets not much more than a grumpy parent or a peck on the cheek before bed. The kids at the other end of the scale are just unfortunate enough to have tulip parents that should have probably been forcibly sterilised.

But I do feel that basic stuff like teaching correct behaviour and parents setting and enforcing boundaries for the kids are long gone judging by the general behaviour of the majority of young kids in public.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      The trap that most working families face is that they need both wages for the mortgage so they are never there to help teach their kids. Or by the time they are around, they are toasted and the kid gets not much more than a grumpy parent or a peck on the cheek before bed. The kids at the other end of the scale are just unfortunate enough to have tulip parents that should have probably been forcibly sterilised.

But I do feel that basic stuff like teaching correct behaviour and parents setting and enforcing boundaries for the kids are long gone judging by the general behaviour of the majority of young kids in public.
      They don't. They *need* two wages for smartphones, holidays, new cars and other things that they are not prepared to sacrifice when kids arrive. My wife gave up work when my daughter was born, eventually taking a part time job when youngest was at primary school to get out of the house again.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

They don't. They *need* two wages for smartphones, holidays, new cars and other things that they are not prepared to sacrifice when kids arrive. My wife gave up work when my daughter was born, eventually taking a part time job when youngest was at primary school to get out of the house again.
        So did mine but I earn a substantial profit from my work and was never underpaid even when I was a permanent worker. But for the average working couple a single salary isn't going to cut it. If you take 300k as a rough house price thats going to be about 2k a month just on the house so when you add another 500 in bills on top of that you are looking for a single wage of at least 70k for a couple to stand still and feed themselves. I don't see that many of those jobs around...

Comment

This is it. They want to keep all the mod cons, so they have kids and them leave them in the care of strangers for most of their waking life.

Dick move.

Comment

So did mine but I earn a substantial profit from my work and was never underpaid even when I was a permanent worker. But for the average working couple a single salary isn't going to cut it. If you take 300k as a rough house price thats going to be about 2k a month just on the house so when you add another 500 in bills on top of that you are looking for a single wage of at least 70k for a couple to stand still and feed themselves. I don't see that many of those jobs around...
            Don't live in a 300k house. Problem solved.

Comment

So are the people who think one parent (their wife) should stay home and raise the kids the same people who will be posting that their wife contributed 'nothing' if the marriage goes tits up?

Comment

300K home? INKSPE
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Average house price Jan 2016 for England and Wales: £191k

The entitled generation want their four bed detached in a leafy suburb because that's the standard to which mummy and daddy had them become accustomed to. Well tough. It's like these cnuts who want to fast-track their careers by blagging contracts after two years in a job, or reality show people wanting instant fame rather than grafting for it.

Comment

This forum is full of judgemental cretins with no imagination. Twas always thus.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X