• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

public sector contract and comesura

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

public sector contract and comesura

anyone doing contract through comensura?

I have got a 3 month rolling contract in public sector and there are two middlemen comensura and an agency. Agency i am dealing with, doesn't know what they are doing, they have not sent me the actual contract, just sending me random contract templates. When i asked about IR35 , guy just went quiet, didn't know much about IR35. I had to explain him in detail.

Can't get hold off anyone in comensura. I have contacted the client and updated them on my situation, its been really helpful talking to them directly.

Originally posted by sdyson31 View Post
    anyone doing contract through comensura?

I have got a 3 month rolling contract in public sector and there are two middlemen comensura and an agency. Agency i am dealing with, doesn't know what they are doing, they have not sent me the actual contract, just sending me random contract templates. When i asked about IR35 , guy just went quiet, didn't know much about IR35. I had to explain him in detail.

Can't get hold off anyone in comensura. I have contacted the client and updated them on my situation, its been really helpful talking to them directly.
    Comensura are a supply management outfit, they supply bodies into large organisations, permie-temps and contractors. Sounds like Comensura are filling client requirements by getting agencies to find people for them.

Shouldn't affect you directly but if your agency are incompetent then you may have problems with the contract etc.

If you have contacts at the end client then use that to put pressure on the agency to sort out the situation. It might also be worth asking them if they have a contact as Comensura you can go through to sort it from that direction.

If you want to play hardball and you are an IPSE member then download the IPSE Agency contract, tweak it for your Ltd and send it to them telling them that in the absence of a proper contract from them, that is the contract you will use.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

If you want to play hardball and you are an IPSE member then download the IPSE Agency contract, tweak it for your Ltd and send it to them telling them that in the absence of a proper contract from them, that is the contract you will use.
      If you aren't it would be a very good idea to become one. The resources mentioned above will help as well as all the associated benefits with the IPSE+ level of membership.

You can Join here
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        If you aren't it would be a very good idea to become one. The resources mentioned above will help as well as all the associated benefits with the IPSE+ level of membership.

You can Join here
        Need some more Amazon vouchers

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          Need some more Amazon vouchers
          I don't have a single one. Some charlatan appears to have been cashing in off the back of my solid advice and guidance
          Last edited by northernladuk; 30 March 2016, 14:17.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

PAYE Expert

I am willing to take agency's PAYE option as it is hassle free and don't have to worry about IR35 though i won't be able to cliam expenses.

I asked my agency how much i would take home after tax, he asked me about my tax code and last one year salary and tax figures which i provided but got the answer saying their payrol system is unable to tell how much i will take home as its been set zero because of new tax year.

Any PAYE expert here who can tell me how much i will roughly take home after tax on daily £250 rate.

Also, do i need a PAYE complaince contract?

Comment

I have used it at two pub sector clients, yours isnt in the centre of London is it? Never had a problem with it to be honest and the setup you describe is what I had at both

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
                I have used it at two pub sector clients, yours isnt in the centre of London is it? Never had a problem with it to be honest and the setup you describe is what I had at both
                No Its not in London.

Which sector you were in, IT?

Comment

Working...
                X