• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No taxcode for 2016/2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No taxcode for 2016/2017

Hmmmm, I have just realised I haven't been sent a tax code for 2016/2017, is this unusual?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I believe they are dealing with the stalwarts of British Industry first to keep the lights on. The hangeroners and other waifs n strays will be dealt with in due course.

HTH
    Last edited by northernladuk; 30 March 2016, 14:10.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload.../P9X_2016_.pdf

What to do if you do not get a new tax code from us

If we have not sent you tax codes for the new tax year and you were expecting them, please contact the Employer Helpline.
      Go to Helplines on page 2 for the phone number. Please note you may receive tax codes as late as 30 March 2016.
      The February edition of the Employer Bulletin includes more information on the reprint service we provide.
      Time to get on the blower or dob your postie in it for stealing your post.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Hmmmm, I have just realised I haven't been sent a tax code for 2016/2017, is this unusual?
        Not had mine either, my accountant is dealing with it
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Mine came yesterday.

I bet I can know where to find an accountant that would tell you it means you don't have to pay tax.

Comment

You can have my taxcode if you like.

Hopefully they'll correct it before I make another salary payment.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              You can have my taxcode if you like.

Hopefully they'll correct it before I make another salary payment.
              You can ask them to.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Not seen mine either.

Comment

Not seen one since I asked them to stop using my tax code to collect tax TBH, I don't think they necessarily send one, unless something has changed.

Comment

Well blow me but maybe HMRC are onto something with this endeavor to move everything online.

While logged in if I follow this link It will tell me what my code is for this year

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check...tax/income-tax

And next year

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check...t-year-changes
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X