• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This gig is like pulling teeth.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This gig is like pulling teeth.....

Well, teeth are falling out by themselves – I lost a filling to a baguette when in France – they are dangerous things.

Direction and control is out of the window have been given a list of dates and activities. Clientco want a fresh contract every week as opposed to rolling, which is absolutely insane. Going to Perpignan over May bank holiday, but not sure if I should be booking from Manchester or Birmingham airport near clientco.

Had a frank chat yesterday – the timesheet signer-offer (otherwise known as God around these parts) was refreshingly open and verymuch mindful of the toxic nature of middle managements difficult attitude, and the knee-jerked twatness surrounding it. This place really does bend people out of shape. I am believing more in nurture than nature now.

Listening to Gloria Gaynor on Youtube just now – I Am What I Am and I Will Survive is getting me through.

Still, gives the permies a sense of purpose..... Bless them.

I thought you were past caring?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Because we are...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Well, teeth are falling out by themselves – I lost a filling to a baguette when in France – they are dangerous things.

Direction and control is out of the window have been given a list of dates and activities. Clientco want a fresh contract every week as opposed to rolling, which is absolutely insane. Going to Perpignan over May bank holiday, but not sure if I should be booking from Manchester or Birmingham airport near clientco.

Had a frank chat yesterday – the timesheet signer-offer (otherwise known as God around these parts) was refreshingly open and verymuch mindful of the toxic nature of middle managements difficult attitude, and the knee-jerked twatness surrounding it. This place really does bend people out of shape. I am believing more in nurture than nature now.

Listening to Gloria Gaynor on Youtube just now – I Am What I Am and I Will Survive is getting me through.

Still, gives the permies a sense of purpose..... Bless them.

Sockie of the decade!

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Sockie of the decade!
          The irony
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            The irony
            I know I created some classics but im too modest, I let others praise me.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              He was, until the contract started making his teeth fall out!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Wilmslooooooooooooooow!

Comment

FAO Wilmslow

FFS man, what are you? A Kardashian?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    FFS man, what are you? A Kardashian?
                    One is a massive arse, one has a massive arse.

HTHBIDI
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X