• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Ronnie Corbett

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Ronnie Corbett

Aww....

Shame

Only 85, too. Hardly any age, that.

The other year when I was driving down south on Monday mornings, I'd sometimes catch his Radio 4 show When The Dog Dies, which made the final stretch of the A14 before Cambridge more bearable. I guess the (new) dog has outlasted him…

Comment

RIP

Comment

Two Ronnies were > Morcambe and Wise IMHO.

http://youtu.be/y0C59pI_ypQ
        Last edited by ZARDOZ; 31 March 2016, 11:25.

Comment

Eric > Barker > Corbett > Ernie
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Aww....
            R.I.P indeed!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              which made the final stretch of the A14 before Cambridge more bearable. ...
              Yes, very sad, although he was 85

Talking about the A14 going past Cambridge, anyone know when they will be removing the 40 MPH limit, due (according to the signs) to "incomplete safety barriers"?

They must have spent a fortune widening that stretch, so why didn't they complete the blasted safety barriers at the time?! Or if they wanted to save even more pennies, why not simply skip the tarmac and have a multi-lane rutted goat track, with a 10MPH limit and signs saying "incomplete safety road surface" ?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Very sad news. He frequented the same Waitrose as me, drove a Jag. Down to earth friendly chap with a nod and smile for everyone.
                ONe of the funniest men on TV ever. RIP.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Very sad news. He frequented the same Waitrose as me, drove a Jag. Down to earth friendly chap with a nod and smile for everyone.
                  ONe of the funniest men on TV ever. RIP.
                  Using someones death to boast about shopping in Waitrose.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    Using someones death to boast about shopping in Waitrose.
                    It was an anecdote, you sad, sad ******
                    Says more about you than me that you think shopping in Waitrose is something to boast about.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X