• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TulipGraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TulipGraph

Welcome to the new Telegraph website

"We will not rest there"

I like old fashioned webtulipes. Don't like these new fangled single page, endless scrolling rubbish.

Torygraph should look like this:

The Dollar Dreadful Family Library

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I like old fashioned webtulipes. Don't like these new fangled single page, endless scrolling rubbish.
      Popups using sneaky layers are making a come back!

Comment

Infinite scroll is the worst UI "innovation" since that sodding paperclip

Comment

The New DT looks like the Independent. Hope the style does not signify political bent. Still, as long as Matt is there.

Worst for endless scrolling is the Metro. You scroll endlessly, click on a link and go back and you are up the top again! I just paste links into a new tab now, much simpler.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

that sodding paperclip
            There was something rather Jimmy Savillish about that paper clip.
            bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I just paste links into a new tab now, much simpler.
              Why? Why not:
              1. Ctrl - click, or
              2. Middle mouse-button click, or
              3. Right-click - "Open in New Tab"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Infinite scroll is the worst UI "innovation" since that sodding paperclip
                Absolutely agree, but bizarrely some UI "experts" (such as the one you posted a link to the other week) insist that fixed page lengths are the Devil's work, and infinite scroll is far better.

I suppose a scrolling window wouldn't be quite so bad, provided the browser was careful not to misposition during a transition and lose one's place.

Another annoying "innovation" is news pages that feature relative dates ages in the past, such as "two months, three weeks, and two hours ago". Obviously some pipsqeak developer thought it was frightfully clever displaying dates in that form. But most people would probably far prefer a simple date. (I don't have such a problem with relative times on genuinely recent articles, such as "3 hours ago".)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

All sites seem to look that way these days.

How long until CUK looks that way?

Comment

3.Right-click - "Open in New Tab"
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X