• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Admission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admission

I was wrong.

After 15 years of careful analysis I have come to conclusion that residential house (and especially flat) prices only go up.

There will be no crash in sight, buy buy buy...

Depends where you live.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Suddenly stopped praying for a price crash have we?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Suddenly stopped praying for a price crash have we?

He's exchanged contracts on his flat....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I was wrong.

After 15 years of careful analysis I have come to conclusion that residential house (and especially flat) prices only go up.

And down they go

Comment

Atw has patiently waited 15 years to call the top of the UK property Ponzi scheme.

Comment

I was wrong.

I'm seriously thinking of rejigging our property portfolio to cash in, while still leaving us mortgage free, as I expect a big crash soon
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                He's exchanged contracts and completed purchase of his luxury bedsit....
                FTFY

Last edited by AtW; 31 March 2016, 17:51.

Comment

I was wrong.

You mean, now that you've completed on your flat?

Listen, absent ZIRP/NIRP/QE infinity, the market would collapse like a house of cards. The price/earnings multipliers in the SE are only affordable in the current credit environment. So, any crash is pretty much entirely contingent on interest rates, and the economy is now so heavily dependent on house prices via consumer demand that interest rates are not going up unless there's a bigger fire to fight (e.g. Sterling crisis). The next interest rate rise will be due to bad fundamentals, not good ones. In the long term, immigration and lack of supply will exert upward pressure on prices, but things generally don't move up in a straight line, at least absent ZIRP/NIRP/QE infinity.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    You mean, now that you've completed on your flat?

Your flat will double in price every week

Comment

Working...
                    X