• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

so sue me!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so sue me!

Typical guff at end of agency fishing email:
    This message is confidential; its contents do not constitute a commitment by XXXXXX except where provided for in a written agreement between you and XXXXXX. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
    Funny that. They write to me, not the other way round; but they feel able to demand my commitment not to disclose or use it, while specifically statin thet they are making no commitment to me.

Hmm. Looks like I 've broken that commitment that I didn't make.

Yeh. But you've bottled it and blanked it out havent you?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      Yeh. But you've bottled it and blanked it out havent you?
      French software house. Who cares? Not even fleety.

Comment

You are Arnie Bottler and I claim my crisp, new from the machine £5 note.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

They can write anything, including that you are their slave, but it does not make it legal - unless you actually signed some proper NDA or confidentiality document they have no legal recourse to stop you from disclosing or quoting it. IANAL of course.

These disclaimers are to protect them rather than restrict you. Makes it look more "professional" too.

Comment

Working...
          X