• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When the guy interviewing you is way below your level......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the guy interviewing you is way below your level......

Had a really weird phone interview the other day....

Was asked some pretty primitive questions you would expect to be asked as a junior. Started to get really fed up after a while so began to explain things at a more advanced level, hoping the guy would be able to keep up. Kept being polite like but you can only take being asked so many basic questions for such an advanced/high level role.

Got quite peed off and actually fed back to the interviewer that how are they going to gauge my level by bringing a junior techie to interview somebody working at a more advanced level.....

Anybody else had such an experience before?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    What? Of being interviewed by someone inferior? Yeah, me, every single time
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Was asked some pretty primitive questions you would expect to be asked as a junior. Started to get really fed up after a while so began to explain things at a more advanced level, hoping the guy would be able to keep up. Kept being polite like but you can only take being asked so many basic questions for such an advanced/high level role.

Got quite peed off and actually fed back to the interviewer that how are they going to gauge my level by bringing a junior techie to interview somebody working at a more advanced level.....

Yes, in all my interviews. That is, usually, why they are after a highly skilled contractor.

The trick is not to let them know....oh hang on
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yep. They ran out of questions in one interview and someone apologised in another "but I've got to ask them because we have to ask everyone we interview."

You've also cocked up if you've not dangled the "and I'm happy to share my experience with you" carrot.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If you can't explain something to the cleaner, its too complicated for most of management
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

To be frank, sounds like you have really messed up, that junior you have slagged off is probably the senior guys favourite.
            Seen it many a time...
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

How do you know the knowledge levels of the interviewer.

I see nothing but your inflated ego

Comment

all the time they are talking you are earning Brownie points.

Smile & treat them like Kings.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

He kept asking more basic questions because you kept getting them wrong. He is actually above your level.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    What? Of being interviewed by someone inferior? Yeah, me, every single time
                    I take it you're the one doing the interviewing

Comment

Working...
                    X