• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend Paperwork post 5th April 1016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividend Paperwork post 5th April 1016

Currently we need to retain board minutes declaring dividends within the company records, and provide dividend tax vouchers to each shareholder.

With the abolition of the tax credit in the 2016/17 tax year, what are the requirements for issuing to shareholders, if any, as there is no tax credit.

I was thinking of issuing vouchers as before, but with £0 tax credit, as evidence of dividend payment being received.

Same paperwork requirements, but no need to record something that isn't valid any more.

I posted an example on the IPSE forums the other day, including a spreadsheet to generate the minutes and paperwork for you (works for up to five shareholders).
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

April 1016? You must be older than we thought.

I've never done vouchers just the minutes (as advised by my accountant). I've never received a voucher for any other company I have/had shares in either.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        April 1016? You must be older than we thought.

I've never received a voucher for any other company I have/had shares in either.
        I find that very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

I've never done vouchers just the minutes (as advised by my accountant). I've never received a voucher for any other company I have/had shares in either.
          Depends on your share dealing platform.

Some companies don't bother giving specific vouchers but if you log into your account you can see a detailed list of transactions.

While other companies give electronic vouchers or send them out by post.

Personally writing electronic vouchers takes a few minutes once you have a template to copy. (And yes you can check when documents are created.)
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X