• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Year (Two Tax Returns)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Year (Two Tax Returns)

sorted.
    Last edited by metallo; 6 April 2016, 12:51.

Yes. Your accountant can.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by metallo
      Very informative. I'm chartered but not across the admin side of the online filing process for a first year tax return in this country. If you aren't going to be helpful, don't bother replying.
      His reply was spot on. If you're limited company, I'd recommend an accountant.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

WiB, ASB, Contras JB and a few more are our more knowledgeable guys on the finance side but even then I'm not sure they will know about the admin bit.

You might just have to hope (or nudge) some of the friendly accountants that post here for nothing come along for this one.

Comment

Why did the OP delete the original post? Totally destroys the flow of the thread just because he didn't like the responses

Sort of thing those from the Sub Continent do, see it all the time in immigrationbards.com, don't like answer, remove post, and PM all the responders to remove any quoted bits......

Comment

Maybe just trying to be helpful so it doesn't get resurrected in months to come or something.

Comment

A fully qualified accountant (observed before he deleted those posts) wrote:

Originally posted by metallo View Post
              I am trying to complete my corporate tax return through the online filing service for a private ltd. I have already prepared my accounts (not yet submitted). I understand I will need to submit two returns covering the dates:

5/2/15 to 4/2/16 and 5/2/16 to 29/2/16.

The online portal has apportioned the total turnover based on days and seems to be starting with the 5/2/16 to 29/2/16 period. After I submit this return, will a link be available to submit the first return?

For the turnover, expenses etc I have apportioned it based on 25 days. However, when I get to the 'Review your Filing' Page is says 'The profit or loss before tax allocated to this accounting period 5 February 2016 to 29 February 2016 is £x' (this amount is actual the entire accounting period...not sure 25 days

I am slightly confused as to why it is doing this? Can anyone offer any insight?
              Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a site for contractors and freelancers to get advice and discuss issues affecting them. Not for accountants who can't figure out something that's connected directly to their profession. For all we know, the OP could be some small shop's accountant and has got a bit stuck.

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Why did the OP delete the original post? Totally destroys the flow of the thread just because he didn't like the responses? Sort of thing those from the Sub Continent do, see it all the time in immigrationbards.com, don't like answer, remove post, and PM all the responders to remove any quoted bits......
              I think it's rather anti-social. You post here for help, but don't give important context, and then flounce, destroying the use of the thread.

Thank goodness for google cache, eh?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X