• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

George Osborne terminates BBC interview when asked twice if he benefits from offshore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Osborne terminates BBC interview when asked twice if he benefits from offshore

Panama Papers: George Osborne evades questions about family's tax affairs as David Cameron comes under more pressure

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

"Treasury sources have made clear that George Osborne did not terminate the interview. They say that the interviewer simply asked more questions than had initially been agreed and the interview ended."

Comment

Camoron -

"1. Monday morning

"That is a private matter. I will focus on what the government is doing."

No 10 spokesman

2. Tuesday afternoon

"In terms of my own financial affairs, I own no shares. I have a salary as prime minister and I have some savings, which I get some interest from and I have a house, which we used to live in, which we now let out while we are living in Downing Street and that’s all I have. I have no shares, no offshore trusts, no offshore funds, nothing like that. And, so that, I think, is a very clear description."

David Cameron speaking in Birmingham

3. Late Tuesday afternoon

"To be clear, the prime minister, his wife and their children do not benefit from any offshore funds. The prime minister owns no shares. As has been previously reported, Mrs Cameron owns a small number of shares connected to her father’s land, which she declares on her tax return."

No 10 spokesman

4. Wednesday morning

"There are no offshore funds/trusts which the prime minister, Mrs Cameron or their children will benefit from in future."

No 10 spokesman"

3 days is what it takes to transfer non-cash USD from Panama to some other country...

Comment

I notice Hamface and his spokesfolk still haven't mastered the use of the past tense in any of these statements.

Or could it be that they know basic grammar very well indeed?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            "Treasury sources have made clear that George Osborne did not terminate the interview. They say that the interviewer simply asked more questions than had initially been agreed and the interview ended."

They call it 'spin'. What they mean is 'swivel'. While sticking up their middle finger.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Camoron -

"

2. Tuesday afternoon

"In terms of my own financial affairs, I own no shares. I have a salary as prime minister and I have some savings, which I get some interest from and I have a house, which we used to live in, which we now let out while we are living in Downing Street and that’s all I have. I have no shares, no offshore trusts, no offshore funds, nothing like that. And, so that, I think, is a very clear description."

David Cameron speaking in Birmingham
              And where did he say this in Birmingham? Oh, at the offices of PWC...

Only last year, the public accounts committee reported that the accountancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) was promoting tax avoidance on an industrial scale. To make things worse, it was first in the frame to benefit from administering the windup of Tata’s steel operations in the UK.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                And where did he say this in Birmingham? Oh, at the offices of PWC...
                Yeah

Comment

This pretty much proves why we need Corbyn in as PM asap. Corbyn has no skeletons in cupboard and leads a life style that is on par with normal man on the street. He understands the common man better then some Eton educated member of privileged class.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Corbyn has no skeletons in cupboard

Comment

Working...
                    X