• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad hotel mistake....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad hotel mistake....

I mis-took this for a hotel called the Beeches – have pre-paid non refundable.

It looks like a real life fawlty towers.

Half tempted to stay from a comedy perspective – the owner sounds a live wire looking at his retorts to customer feedback!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...s_England.html

There are no good recent reviews - all the recent ones are bad. It seems you'd better book into another hotel and write-off your pre-payment. I always check T.A. before I book.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Wilmsloooooooooow !!
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Wilmsloooooooooow !!
        The irony

Comment

Suck it up, raise your concerns at the time. Moaning about it after on TripAdvisor is pointless if you haven't complained in a civilised manner at the time. Either that or if bad reviews have gone on TripAdvisor since your booking, highlight them and raise your concerns to the people you booked it with.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Looks like its worth staying there just to meet a real life Basil Fawlty!

Comment

"I am glad that you survived this apocalyptic situation and didn't starved to death.

Sorry that you were unable to mastered and operate the locking mechanism despite showing you how to do it is beyond our comprehension.

Once again thank you for your patronage."

Comment

As long as they don't object to you having cocaine and hookers in your room, who cares?

Comment

My favourite was the comment about xenophobia and having a heart with the white woman and the foreign social worker!

Yes, I got to turn up, meet this dude, and see how my complaint gets translated back.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    As long as they don't object to you having cocaine and hookers in your room, who cares?
                    Many moons ago I stayed at what was once called the Garth Hotel now the BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel | 4 Star Hotel North London

Then it was a row of terraced houses the 'owners' were buying them up from each end one by one and somehow they had linked them at the back
                    You can imagine how difficult life was for the people holding out in the middle no pressure!

The family that ran it were Italian and probably not the types to wrong but they were great to their customers

Anyway I remember four things

1 They were running telephone sex chat lines out of all the empty spare rooms.
                    2 Going up to your room at night could be distracting or darn right scary!
                    3 The Owners Chef on finding out I rather liked the advert Dudley Moore did with Tesco on TV including the one for Tiramisu (that dates it) decided to make me a proper one and continued doing so every time I stayed
                    4 They provided a safe harbour for cars in the car park guaranteed...

Tesco adverts
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzBK...&nohtml5=False
                    So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Working...
                    X